Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This Better Business Cases™ Foundation course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK Government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions.
In our post-recession world, where the focus is increasingly on showing value for money, the Better Business Cases™ methodology is a great way to ensure everyone involved in the Project has an understanding of proven tools and techniques to make a stronger and more successful Business Case.
What does the course cover?
The Better Business Cases™ methodology is written by the UK Government Treasury in conjunction with the Welsh Government, is well tried and tested and in their words has lead to “quicker and cheaper business decisions”.
This Better Business Cases™ course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK Government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions.
This provides a step by step guide to developing a business case, by:
- Establishing a clear need for intervention – a case for change
- Setting clear objectives – what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions – ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal.
Benefits for your organisation
- Reduce unnecessary spend and optimise public value.
- Reduce consultancy costs.
- Faster throughput and a clear, proportionate approval process.
- Improve quality of decision making.
Benefits for you
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case process, relevant to both those responsible for producing business cases and those who approve them.
- Understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) levels.
- Core business competency for any manager or director.
Our 5 star reviews speak for themselves
When you're looking for a training provider you should always read their independent reviews. Understanding how other students found the learning platform, course, training materials, tutor and admin support will give you an unbiased, accurate and valuable insight. Here is a recent review, you can find more on Reviews.
"Training ByteSize is the ideal training provider if you wish to learn in your own time and environment. The course materials are very well presented, relevant to the exam without the extra padding, easy to follow, and broken down into "Bytesize" chunks." - Ben Pearmain
Who is this course for?
Why Better Business Cases?
A business case is the gateway to any project or initiative that requires stakeholder or board approval. It is imperative to capture relevant information, display it in a logical way and maintain the right tone to increase the chance of business case success.
From a company perspective, it can be very useful to have a standardised approach to your business case format. This is particularly pertinent if your business cases are reviewed by senior leaders, board members or external stakeholders. A standardised approach is also important as many employees continue to work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Many business cases are designed to present a rationale for securing funding to undertake a project. So the power of a standardised, well presented overview of the potential value a project could deliver cannot be overstated! A Better Business Cases accredited course is the best way to standardise and strengthen your company’s approach to creating robust business cases.
The Five Case Model
The Five Case Model is a method of creating better business cases that is recommended by the UK government. It is a structured and standardised format for constructing business cases. In a government sense, The Five Case Model is usually used for securing funding to proceed with large scale projects in the Public Sector. This includes building roads, improving infrastructure and advancing IT services for the public.
However, The Five Case Model lends itself to business cases for small scale projects too. In fact, any company can follow this format to achieve a better chance of business case success.
Better Business Cases and remote working
With many companies encouraging employees to work remotely, now is the ideal time to undertake a Better Business Cases accredited course. It’s a crucial time to provide employees with the skills and confidence they need to construct and present successful business cases from home.
All of our accredited courses can be completed online and course participants will benefit from clear, engaging content that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. At the end of their course, each participant will complete an exam, which is also performed online. Our pass rates are well in excess of the national average (nearly 100%).
A Better Business Cases course from Training ByteSize is accredited by APMG International. APMG International is the most reputable global accreditation and examination institute. Companies and individuals across the world trust APMG International to equip them with certified skills that cover a wide range of industries, subjects and levels of expertise.
Who is this course for?
The course is relevant to those responsible for developing and producing spending proposals or their assessment and approval; in particular:
- Accounting Officers – responsible for delivering public value
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and Project Managers, responsible for successful delivery
- Directors of Finance, procurement and planning, responsible for the forward planning and prioritisation of spending proposals
- Members of approvals and management boards with responsibility for scrutinising or approving spending proposals.
What is the format of the Better Business Cases Foundation exam?
- APMG Accreditation
- 50 multiple choice questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Our pass rate is 100%
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.