Add to basket or enquire
Better Business Cases™ is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process that sits alongside and complements the HM Treasury’s Green Book guidance.
The Better Business Cases online programme and examinations are based on The Five Case Model, the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions. This provides a step-by-step guide to developing a business case, by:
- Establishing a clear need for intervention - a case for change
- Setting clear objectives - what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions - ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal
- Strategic Outline Programme (SOP) for policy, regulation and grants programmes.
- The Business Case Development from the Strategic Outline Case (SOC) to the Outline Business Case (OBC) to the Full Business Case (FBC) for major projects.
- Business Justification Case (BJC) for minor spending proposals.
- The 10 step delivery process.
- The key roles in the business case development.
Each course has time for discussions and group exercises giving you the chance to discuss your own projects and how the BBC course can be adopted and adapted to your organisation.
Who is this course for?
The course is relevant to those responsible for developing and producing spending proposals or their assessment and approval; in particular:
- Accounting Officers - responsible for delivering public value;
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and Project Managers, responsible for successful delivery;
- Directors of Finance, procurement and planning, responsible for the forward planning and prioritization of spending proposals;
- Members of approvals and management boards with responsibility for scrutinizing or approving spending proposals.
There are no prerequisites required prior to attending this course.