Oakwood Home Learning
Add to basket or enquire
The Beauty Industry is concentrated on providing impeccable client care. In this Beauty Therapy Level 2 course you will cover the crucial areas of customer service required when working in a salon. As these are explored the course also teaches necessary treatments and skills to work in this industry as a beautician. Beauty therapy is an interesting course full of exciting topics.
This Beauty Therapy Level 2 course is designed for students wanting to learn a skill in Beauty Therapy. The course provides you with all the indispensable customer service and beauty skills you will need working in beauty therapy. This Beauty Therapy course will cover topics ranging from Make-up and waxing to reception duties and everything in between. Your first unit will be probably one of the most important units- Health and Safety. This is especially important when working with other people and trying to offer pristine customer service.
Study Time: 100 hours
Enrolment length: 12 months
Course Format: Paper Based
Upon completion of this course students receive a Quality Licence Scheme Certificate.
All certification fees are included in your course fees.
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Health and Safety
- Understand health and safety requirements and legislation that is in place
- Follow appropriate steps to minimise risk
- Maintain equipment safely and take necessary steps to ensure the safety of your clients
- Understand the sterilisation procedures needed when working as a beauty therapist
Unit 2: Reception Duties
- Acknowledge the duties that are required when working on a salon reception and when certain tasks should be carried out
- Understand the need for quality customer service when working on a reception area
- Describe how to maintain stock levels and check the different products that are available
- Understand how to deal with different customers so that you are able to provide a great level of hospitality
- Book in appointments and process payments
Unit 3: Skin Care Treatments
- Understand the anatomy of the skin
- Appreciate the different jobs which the skin carries out and how this helps to regulate the body
- Be able to identify certain skin diseases and inflictions that are most common
- Understand client consultations and why these are required
- Carry out a cleansing procedure on the skin
Unit 4: Manicures and Pedicures
- Understand the growth of the nail and different conditions that can affect nails
- Identify different treatable and untreatable conditions
- Understand what is meant by nail enhancements
- Describe key aspects of manicures and pedicures
- Understand how to perform manicures and pedicures
- Identify correct procedures when performing manicures and pedicures
- Understand how to communicate with clients so that they feel valued
Unit 5: Eyelashes and Eyebrows
- Shape eyebrows into the desire effect for a client
- Tint eyebrows
- Tint eye lashes
- Apply false eyelashes in both strip and individual forms
Unit 6: Waxing Services
- Maintain health and safety methods at all times while using waxing techniques
- Carry out consultations with clients and prepare for waxing treatments
- Remove unwanted hair using waxing techniques
- Provide aftercare help and advice to clients following their treatments
Unit 7: Make-up Services
- Understand various types of make-up and the correct application of these
- Understand particular requirements of make-up that is used on the eyes and mouth
- Appreciate the use of body make-up and when this is required
- Briefly describe the use of make-up when working with brides and what they may require
This course is assessed through tutor marked assignments which must be sent to your tutor for marking. You will then be provided with feedback and a mark on your work from your tutor within 4 working days. After each assignment has been sent off and marked as complete you will have passed the course and will receive your certification.
All of the shipping costs for our courses are included in the enrolment fees and we offer worldwide shipping free of charge. This means you can get started on your course for much less without the hassle of paying expensive postage costs- you can leave these to us. All of our courses are printed, bound and shipped to you first class, within 1 working day, so you can get enrolled and get started on your new course in no time at all.
All of our courses come with full tutor support throughout so that you can benefit from the best education. Our tutor support team includes a number of professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds- each one an expert in their own field with tutoring experience in abundance. Students at Oakwood are assigned a personal tutor who provides help and support throughout their course and will mark all of your assignments so that you have the personal touch of an industry expert there to help at all times. This tutor support is completely unlimited- which means you can contact your tutor and ask as many questions as you need when working through your course. With this support you will never feel alone on one of our courses and you will always be backed by a professionally qualified team dedicated to your success.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.