Beauty therapy is the art and science that can help people look and feel better.
How would you like to help people to live well, feel good and look their best? Sign up for our online course and gain the knowledge and confidence to be able to advise clients about a variety of skin and body care treatments, which can really improve their self-esteem.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
Information packed course consisting of 16 modules that will take you along a very successful path towards becoming a highly regarded professional in the Beauty sector. This fun-filled, flexible course will fit so easily into your current schedules or commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will teach you everything from anatomy and physiology to hygiene, and from consultation procedures to techniques and treatments.
- Understand the basic organisation of the human body.
- Learn the functions of cells, tissues and the skin.
- Gain an understanding of what constitutes a healthy body.
- Learn about weight loss and control.
- Recognise the necessity of Personal hygiene.
- Learn how to identify different skin types and how to conduct a Skin consultation.
- Learn all about the benefits of skin care routines and regimes.
- Learn the procedures and stages for a manicure and pedicure. Understand how to protect, clean, nourish and exercise your hands.
- Acquire an in depth understanding of “the nails” and their composition, including vital information on Nail food and vitamins to encourage healthy nails and how to make them look nourished.
- Learn about the structure of hair and how to care for your hair.
- Learn the principles of Make-up, identifying shadowing and highlighting and working with different skin colours and tones.
- Study how basic nutrition influences hair skin and nails.
- Discover the Anti –Ageing therapy.
- Learn of massage procedures and their benefits.
- Understand the importance of maintaining sterile conditions in a therapy practice.
- Learn how to remove hair by waxing.
- Grasp all the logistics of setting up a successful business practice of your own.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- You can enhance your current career status by adding this qualification to your portfolio.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have completed the course, you will be equipped with valuable knowledge to find employment, boost your current status, or you could take your dream further and look to set up your own business within the field.
- Anatomy & physiology for beauty therapy
- Understanding the skin and its function
- Hygiene ethics
- Procedures for consultation & skin analysis
- Cleansing the skin - facial analysis
- Facial massage
- Mask therapy in facial treatments
- Professional make-up procedures
- Skin care
- Manicure & pedicure
- Successful business management
- Weight loss & control
- General nutrition
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anywhere, anytime!
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.