BCS Requirements Engineering Certificate
Examination (£190 + VAT) available once you have started the course
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) not included in price & must be purchased separately
- Tutor is available to students
Become an expert in defining and documenting business requirements following a best practice approach to ensure successful outcomes for your IT projects.
"Decler is a fantastic teacher. He adapts to cater to the level of learning required for each student. Decler has a wealth of knowledge/experience and holds the students interest which enables us to learn quickly."
Cheryl Atkins, Powercor
Master requirements engineering and acquire a highly versatile skillset essential for overseeing successful projects.
This course is for Business Analysis practitioners and other interested stakeholders who wish to gain or improve their skills in business system requirements investigation and specification.
The BCS Requirements Engineering Certificate presents participants with a systematic approach to eliciting, analysing, validating, documenting and managing business system requirements.
Learn how to elicit, write, analyse, validate, catalogue, communicate and manage:
- Business Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Functional Requirements
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Transitional Requirements
- Interface Requirements
- Use Case Requirements
- Natural Language Requirements
You'll learn a range of techniques used to identify, analyse and document business system requirements within a context framework for requirements engineering.
EXTRA COURSE INCLUSIONS: Our Pass Guarantee, Exam Revision Questions and other BA goodies are just a few of the extra inclusions you receive when training with Planit – leader in Accredited BCS training.
- Explain the importance of linking requirements to the Business Case
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the requirements engineering process
- Explain the use of a range of requirements elicitation techniques and the relevance of the techniques to business situations
- Analyse, prioritise and organise elicited requirements
- Document requirements
- Identify problems with requirements and explain how requirements documentation may be improved
- Create a model of the features required from a system
- Interpret a model of the data requirements for an information system
- Describe the principles of Requirements Management and explain the importance of managing requirements
- Describe the use of tools to support Requirements Engineering
- Explain the process and stakeholders involved in Requirements Validation
- The role of the analyst
- The requirements engineering process
- Actors and viewpoints
- Project initiation
- Facilitated workshops
- Fact-finding interviewing
- Documenting requirements
- The requirements catalogue
- Other requirements elicitation techniques
- Analysing requirements
- Scenarios and prototyping
- Requirements management
- Validating requirements
- Requirements and systems development
Who is this course for?
- Current and prospective Business Analysts looking to improve their hands-on requirements engineering skills.
- BA’s of any level looking to achieve the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Anyone seeking an understanding of what constitutes quality requirements.
- Business Analysts looking to accredit their skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
This course has no prerequisites and is able to be undertaken by anyone interested in Business Analysis.
Senior Business Analysts
Agile Team Members
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.