TCC’s BCS Modelling Business Processes course enables delegates to practice a variety of techniques for modelling and improving business processes and for evaluating the effectiveness of change. The success of business change projects is greatly increased by modelling the business processes prior to change. Modelling allows a common understanding and visibility of the current situation, facilitates the evaluation of alternative strategies and reflects the change to be implemented.
In the classroom:
- Expert Business Analysis trainer
- Copies of all presentation slides (exclusive to TCC)
- Comprehensive written notes (exclusive to TCC)
- Practical classroom group exercises
- A realistic case study which runs consistently throughout our BCS business analysis courses
- Maximum class size of 12
At TCC training venues:
- A modern and comfortable training room
- Buffet or restaurant lunch and light breakfast selection*
- Hot & cold refreshments throughout the day
* Light breakfast selection available on city centre courses in Birmingham.
What TCC Customers Are Saying:
“The course was very detailed and links well to other BA courses. Very relaxed atmosphere conducive to questions and learning. Good that the exercises are consistent throughout all courses. Homework good. Really enjoyable course. I'm looking forward to the next one.” – Nathalie N
* SAVE UP TO 38% with our BCS Diploma in Business Analysis Training Passport *
To be awarded the Diploma in Business Analysis, you must complete four BCS Business Analysis training courses:
- BCS Business Analysis Practice (3 Days)
- BCS Requirements Engineering (3 Days)
- BCS Commercial Awareness (2 Days)
- BCS Modelling Business Processes (2 Days)
You are then eligible to sit the BCS Business Analysis Diploma Oral Examination covering all four modules.
This course can be purchased as part of a Training Passport, which includes the training and examinations for all four courses leading to the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis for only £2,595 + VAT. A Training Passport allows you to register for any of the dates on our public schedule, at a considerable saving over booking each course and exam individually.
You can complete the courses in any sequence. However, we recommend starting with either Business Analysis Practice or Requirements Engineering.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Identify and model core business processes at both the organisational and operational levels
- Analyse activities within business processes
- Analyse managerial and performance aspects of activities and processes
- Evaluate and re-design business processes
- Measure the effectiveness of the change
- Prepare for the BCS Certificate in Modelling Business Processes
Purpose of business process modelling
Context: organisations, systems, processes, stakeholders
Strategic context and business goals
Approaches to business process modelling
Definition of a business process
Identifying Business Processes
Types of processes and functional areas
Process view versus functional view
Value chain analysis and business performance
Hierarchy of business processes and tasks
Modelling Business Processes
Process modelling techniques (including swimlanes)
"As Is" modelling
Events and outcomes
Actors involved with business processes
Evaluating and Improving Business Processes
Improving Business Processes
Analysing activities, work flow, tasks
Problem Analysis; GAP Analysis; Root Cause Analysis
Business process improvement
"To Be" process model
Identifying current and new standards and measures
Measuring effectiveness of change: goals, measures and issues
Challenging the business rules
Staff performance and human aspects
Using the business process model to identify IT requirements
Skills profiling and staff development
Implementing the new processes
Making and managing the change
Course dates (if applicable)
Who is this course for?
- Business Analysts and Systems Analysts
- Business Managers
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers
There are no pre-requisites for the course.
£43,861 - £52,682 estimated salary based on Reed salary checker (top 4 locations).
What do they do?
Business Analysts (known as BAs) are responsible for analysing a business’s processes and investigating how they work. They then identify improvements that can be made and present the case for these improvements back to the business.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.