BCS ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) is a comprehensive software testing programme, developed by British Computer Society (BCS) in partnership with the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®).
The accredited BCS ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) course equips you with the knowledge and skills in application and analysis of the basic software testing concepts and fully prepares you for the examination. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention.
The CTFL certification is an entry requirement for the ISTQB® Agile Tester Foundation Level, ISTQB® Model-based Tester Foundation Level and BCS Software Testing Intermediate Level certifications.
Module 1 – Introduction Module
Module 2 – Fundamentals of Testing
Module 3 – Testing through the lifecycle
Module 4 – Static Techniques
Module 5 – Test Design Techniques
Module 6 – Test Management
Module 7 – Tool Support for Testing
Module 8 – Exam Simulator
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate time required to complete modules – 21 hours.
- Accredited e-learning course that meets the high standards of the accreditation body.
- Unlimited course access for 12 months.
- Tutor support is available via chat, phone and email as and when required.
- Mock exam simulator included to enable you to practise prior to the exam.
- Official exam that can be taken at a local Pearson Vue testing centre within 12 months of purchase.
- Nationally-recognised certification that employers expect candidates to hold.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the BCS.
• computer-based exam format, taken at a local Pearson Vue testing centre,
• consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions. Pass mark score is 26 out of 40 available (65%),
• examination duration – 1 hour,
• closed book examination.
There is no re-certification requirement; the CTFL is a lifetime certification.
The exam must be taken within 12 months of purchase and all course modules need to be completed and assessments passed prior to this stage.
Who is this course for?
The certification is aimed at current and aspiring professionals involved in software testing and includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. In addition, it would be beneficial to project managers, quality managers, business analysts and IT directors or management consultants, who require a basic understanding of software testing.
You do not need any qualifications or work experience to start the CTFL course.
- Software Tester
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Test Manager
- User Acceptance Tester
- Software Developer
- Certified professionals tend to earn up to 20% more comparing to non-certified.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.