Add to basket or enquire
Our BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence is delivered via eLearning and includes the official examination and 1-year BCS membership.
Unlock the mystery of AI by taking our BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence training course, designed to provide the fundamental knowledge required to practically use within an organisation. The BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence demonstrates to employers your commitment to your career and proves that you are forward-thinking by taking a professional qualification in an area of highly sought-out expertise.
Our course will give you the opportunity to learn the terminology, general principles, basic process of machine learning, along with the future of AI and humans in work.
The BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence Package includes everything you need to get qualified. We include:
- BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence eLearning course
- Official Examination
- 1-year BCS membership worth £92
Delivered via eLearning.
Why choose e-Careers?
We are an accredited provider of BCS training, and we take pride in working with you all the way through your training, helping you to achieve your ambitions and succeed in your chosen career.
- Have high pass rates
- Give you the best price guaranteed like-for-like
- Offer 0% Finance to spread the cost
- Have a 5-star Trustpilot rating
BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence Learning Outcomes
Delegates will be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of general concepts in the following areas:
- Human and Artificial Intelligence
- The Machine Learning process
- The benefits, challenges, and risks of a Machine Learning project
- The future of humans and machines in Work
BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence Syllabus
Artificial and Human Intelligence: An Introduction and History (25%)
- Recall the general definition of human and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Describe ‘learning from experience’ and how it relates to Machine Learning (ML) (Tom Mitchell’s explicit definition)
- Understand that ML is a significant contribution to the growth of Artificial Intelligence
- Describe how AI is part of ‘Universal Design,’ and ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution’
Examples of AI: Benefits, Challenges and Risks (30%)
- Explain the benefits of Artificial Intelligence
- List advantages of machine and human and machine systems
- Describe the challenges of Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrate understanding of the risks of Artificial Intelligence
- Identify a typical funding source for AI projects
- List opportunities for AI
An introduction to Machine Learning (35%)
- Demonstrate understanding of the AI intelligent agent description
- Identify the differences with Machine Learning (ML)
- List the four rational agent dependencies
- Describe agents in terms of performance measure, environment, actuators, and sensors
- Describe four types of agent: reflex, model-based reflex, goal-based and utility based
- Give typical examples of Machine Learning
- Recall which typical, narrow AI capability is useful in ML and AI agents’ functionality
- Describe the basic schematic of a neutral network
The Future of Artificial Intelligence – Human and Machine Together (10%)
- Demonstrate an understanding that Artificial Intelligence (in particular, Machine Learning) will drive humans and machines to work together
- List future directions of humans and machines working together
BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence Exam Details
- Type: Multiple choice
- Number of questions: 20
- Duration: 30 Minutes
- Supervised: Yes
- Open Book: No
- Pass Mark: 13/20 (65%)
BCS Membership Benefits
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership worth £92, which is available when you pass your first exam.
Benefits of this associate’s membership include:
- Professional recognition
- Career development
- Knowledge and best practice
- Exclusive discounts and offers
We are proud of our Excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 10,000 customer reviews!
“Having used other training providers, e-Careers has definitely stood head and shoulders above the competition. From the initial booking, right through to taking the exam, the communication has been professional and attentive. Kudos where it’s due.”
“The service that I have received has been excellent and the team are really helpful and supportive. Would highly recommend”.
BCS have 68,000 members in 150 countries, and a wider community of business leaders, educators, practitioners and policy-makers all committed to support the people who work in the industry, and to make IT good for society.
Who is this course for?
The BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence is suitable for anyone with an interest in AI in an organisation, especially those working in areas including:
- Knowledge Engineering
- IT services
Professions that include AI in their roles:
- Professional Research Managers
- Chief Technical Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Organisational Change Practitioners & Managers
- Business Change Practitioners & Managers
- Service Architects & Managers
- Programme and Planning Managers
- Service Provider Portfolio Strategists & Leads
- Process Architects and Managers
- Business Strategists and Consultants
- Web Page Developers
There are no entry requirements for this certification.
The BCS Essentials Certificate in Artificial Intelligence is a great start to your AI journey, with attendees joining from various backgrounds, but with the same requirement of needing solid AI knowledge for their profession.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.