Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
BCS CISMP (Certificate in Information Security Management Principles) Course Overview
Our Certification in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) course aims to give delegates a foundation level knowledge of Information Security management, including its concepts, approaches, and techniques.
The BCS CISMP course is taught by our expert trainers, who have years of experience and will provide the candidates with all the knowledge needed to pass the CISMP examination if all training days are attended. The certification also provides candidates with the ability to improve the use of Information Security management within their organisation, after the course has ended.
As an industry recognised qualification, provides a perfect starting point for those who want to get into Information Security management, or for those who want to progress within their present role. Therefore, CISMP is an ideal way for candidates to improve their prospects and also their earning potential.
The BCS CISMP course can also be seen to provide a foundational knowledge that delegates can build on with other more specific courses. This will enable the delegate to improve their prospects further. This represents how valuable it could be for candidates to take part in our CISMP course.
Included in your professional certification; one year’s free BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, Associate membership.
Upon passing your examination, make the most of your professional certification and continue your career development with BCS Associate membership. Whether you’re looking for career support through the BCS global skills, training and development framework, SFIAplus, seeking promotion or a network of new contacts, we’re here to support you. BCS membership provides exclusive access to resources, content and opportunities that will enrich your career.
BCS Membership allows you to give back to society. Some of the industry’s challenges are around personal data, health, education, and IT capabilities. By becoming part of our professional community you can get involved and do your bit to make IT good for society.
BCS CISMP (Certificate in Information Security Management Principles) Course Outline
Our CISMP course covers the following:
- The need for, and benefits of, Information Security: Corporate Governance
- Information risk management
- Information Security organisation and responsibilities: Legal and regulatory obligations
- Policies, standards & procedures: Delivering a balanced ISMS, security procedures
- Information Security governance: Policy reviews, security audits
- Security incident management: Objectives and stages of incident management
- Information Security implementation: Getting management buy-in
- Legal framework: Processing personal data, employment issues, computer misuse, intellectual property rights, Data Protection Act
- Security standards and procedures: ISO/IEC 27002 and ISO/IEC 15408
- Threats to, and vulnerabilities of, Information Systems
- People security: Organisational culture, acceptable use policies
- Systems development and support: Linking security to the whole business process, change management process, handling security patches
- Role of cryptography: Common encryption models
- Protection from malicious software: Methods of control
- User access controls: Authentication and authorisation mechanisms
- Networks and communications: Partitioning networks, the role of cryptography, controlling third-party access, intrusion monitoring, penetration testing, cloud computing
- External services: Protection of Web servers and e-commerce applications
- IT infrastructure: Operating, network, database, and file management systems
- Testing, audit, and review: Strategies for security testing of business systems
- Training: The purpose and role of training, promoting awareness
- Physical and environmental security: Controlling access and protecting physical sites and assets
- Disaster recovery and business continuity management: Relationship between risk assessment and impact analysis
- Investigations and forensics: Common processes, tools, and techniques, legal and regulatory guidelines
Who is this course for?
This course is for anybody wishing to gain certification which shows their knowledge of the fundamentals of IT security management.
Who should attend this CISMP Training Course?
CISMP would be beneficial for IT Managers wishing to enhance their knowledge of Information Security. Information Security management team members, Security Coordinators and Administrators, Internal Auditors, and staff responsible for legal and corporate governance will also benefit.
There are no official prerequisites, but we recommend that candidates have a good understanding of the principles of Information Security. If you do not possess this knowledge, we recommend the BCS recommended book ‘Information Security Management Principles’ to prepare for the course.
Knowledge of information security management can help you pursue positions in IT governance, IT management and IT security.