Basic skin Care Course
- Tutor is available to students
Almost everyone would like to have an eternally youthful appearance. Yet, many people still make skin care an after thought, subjecting their skin to a number of harmful products and activities, such as smoking and sun exposure.
It should be noted that our skin changes in response to the elements and activities it is exposed to. So it is critical that it receives proper nourishment and care in order to protect it against damage and diseases. Luckily, there are a lot of good skin treatments and therapies out there. It is just a matter of knowing how to sort through the options and administer the right one for your needs.
At the end of this course, students should be able to: (1) understand the biology of the skin; (2) do proper assessment of the skin; (3) determine the available methods, treatments and therapies to protect the skin and prevent breakdown; (4) understand what emollients are; (5) understand the psychological and social aspects of skin care; and (6) help patients make the most of their skin care treatment.
Learning more about our skin enables us to know how to best care for it, while also helping us identify the right products and treatments to get. If you have a passion for skin care, get more out of it, become an expert and perhaps start up your own business with this course.
- Unit 1 – Introduction
- Overview of skin health and skin cosmetics
- Display, decoration, and adornment of the skin
- Unit 2 - Biology of the Skin
- Layers, function, and structure of the skin
- Skin ageing and ethnic differences
- Unit 3 - Assessment in Skin Care
- Systematic approach to assessment in skin care
- Evaluative strategies and common dermatological interventions
- Unit 4 - Protecting the skin and preventing breakdown
- The vulnerability of the skin
- Causes of skin breakdown and how to prevent it
- Unit 5 – Emollients
- Composition, functions, methods of applications, and adverse effects of emollients
- Types and uses of skin cleansers and leave-on topical emollients
- Unit 6 - Psychological and Social Aspects of Skin Care
- Psychological and social impacts of skin disease
- Interventions for patients who have been psychologically affected
- Unit 7 - Helping patients make the most of their treatment
- Self-management and patient support in treatment
- Dermatology consultation and prescribing skin-related products
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded an IOLEN Certificate of Achievement from IOLEN Accreditation. This should help validate their learning experience and skill, and can be used as a resume builder.
This course is divided into several modules and is delivered online through our interactive learning management system. Students are given access to the learning portal where they can access the course 24/7. This gives them complete control over the pace of their learning while also enabling them to study from home, in their offices or from a laptop while travelling.
Normative or minimum period of study to complete this is 50 hours. Take note that this is only an estimate. The duration of completing the course still depends on the learner’s pace and ability to absorb information. Additionally, as the course is delivered online, learners have the options to divide and study the course in multiple session or go through it in one go.
Learners will be given full access to this course for 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, learners are given the flexibility to complete the course at any-time.
- Allow you to keep up to date on the aspects of your career
- Give you an insight into your chosen career path
- Fill in the gaps of any knowledge you may not have
- Enhance your resume
- Show you are a committed learner
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.