Private equity is an investment capital source that enables an institution to invest in the ownership of private companies. Many investors lack the expertise, experience and resources in managing and finding these investments on their own so the step they take is to team up with private equity firms that searches for target investments.
At the end of this course, students shall learn how to:
(1) understand private equity and private equity at present;
(2) gain knowledge about the perspective of a business system;
(3) be familiar with investments;
(4) understand the procedure of investment;
(5) be aware of the evolution of private equity and
(6) gain familiarization about ethics.
To achieve these goals, this course shall make use of interactive materials to present the concepts of the topics to be discussed. Assessments shall be done after the entire course to check for knowledge retention and understanding.
Over the course of the years private equity professionals have provided greater productivity and profitability to companies, perhaps more than the company was able to do on their own. Over the decades private equity has grown considerably and this has only increased the need for the best and brightest financial professionals!
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Private Equity
- Assembling interests to identify, develop and exploit means of wealth creation
- Boosting entrepreneurship
- Unit 2 – Private Equity in the present
- Comparison between US and European private equity
- Private equity problems
- Unit 3 – A perspective of a Business System
- Organisation and management of private equity funds
- Performance appraisal, risk management, and return maximisation
- Unit 4 – Investment
- Investment capital
- Development capital Interferences in Private equity
- Unit 5 – The Procedure of Investment
- Method of investment
- Factors contributing in the success of private equity funds
- Unit 6 – The Evolution of Private Equity
- The value creation process
- The development of private equity
- Unit 7 – Ethics
- The definition of values
- The concept of privacy and self-directive
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded an IOLEN Certificate of Achievement from IOLEN Accreditation. This should help validate their learning experience and skill, and can be used as a resume builder.
This course is divided into several modules and is delivered online through our interactive learning management system. Students are given access to the learning portal where they can access the course 24/7. This gives them complete control over the pace of their learning while also enabling them to study from home, in their offices or from a laptop while traveling.
Normative or minimum period of study to complete this is 45 hours. Take note that this is only an estimate. The duration of completing the course still depends on the learner’s pace and ability to absorb information. Additionally, as the course is delivered online, learners have the options to divide and study the course in multiple sessions or go through it one go.
Learners will be given full access to this course for 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, learners are given the flexibility to complete the course at anytime.
- Allow you to keep up to date on the aspects of your career
- Give you an insight into your chosen career path
- Fill in the gaps of any knowledge you may not have
- Enhance your resume
- Show you are a committed learner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.