Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's basic life support training online course. This online basic life support (bls) course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. This e learning basic life support course also meets the requirements set out in the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this online basic life support training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding basic life support
- Provide the learner with a full understanding of the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidance for adult basic life support
- To inform learners how to give essential CPR to individuals
- To help learners understand the risks surrounding CPR
- To provide essential basic life support training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online basic life support course?
This basic life support online training course covers the following:
- An introduction to basic life support (BLS)
- Why basic life support is important?
- The BLS chain of survival
- The importance of the National Early Warining Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Check for Danger
- Check for Responsiveness
- Shout for help
- Open victim's Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compressions
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compressions
- How to deliver effective rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR
- Knowing when to stop CPR
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
- Where to get additional information about adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (online learning BLS resources)
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online basic life support course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this basic life support training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this basic life support e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about first aid, basic life support and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete the course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
Ad Vitam learning’s basic life support eLearning course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This online basic life support course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff.
This basic life support course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our online basic life support training package or the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This online basic life support course covers the main points relating to the management of BLS in adults, in accordance with the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines (2015 Resuscitation Council UK guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)). It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
PC, Smart phone,Tablet, Laptop and access to the internet
CPD (CSFT) certificate in Basic Life Support Level 2
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review