Add to basket or enquire
Our Bartender and Barista course will focus on practical training to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the bar, restaurant, or hospitality business. What used to be seen as just a part-time job has evolved into a long-term and viable career option, and there’s a huge market demand for experienced bartenders and baristas. It’s a perfect career choice for anyone who is passionate about wine and spirits or coffee, and there are plenty of perks - including flexible work hours, freedom to travel and work, and the opportunity to show off your creativity.
This course is a mix between practical training and theory, so you not only learn how to mix cocktails and serve coffees, you will also learn about the history, ingredients, and science of the trade.
We want to prepare you for life as a bartender or barista by giving you practical, hands-on training, as well as real-world tips and advice that you can use on the job. Upon completing this course, you’ll be ready to work in any bar, restaurant, hotel, or cafe, and you’ll have a few tricks up your sleeve to stand out from the crowd.
Why study with us?
- International Accredited Course
- Lifetime access
- Self Paced, No Fixed Schedules
- Immediate and easy to download Certificate
- Compatible with Smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.
Bartender and Barista Course Content
Module 1: Tools and set-up
- Learn how to set up your bar
- Introduction to your tools and equipment
- Essential bar supplies
Module 2: Setting the Stage
- Storing methods
- Hygiene and safety
- Garnishes and mixers
- Style and presentation tips
Module 3: Mixology & Pouring
- Learn proper mixology techniques, including shaking, mixing, layering, blending, stirring, straining, dry shaking, muddling, throwing & building, and jiggers.
- Learn pouring techniques and free pouring
Module 4: Service With Flair
- Operating a cash register
- Customer service training
- Responsible serving + obligations as a bartender
- Flair bartending and tricks
Module 5: Know Your Drinks 1
- Intro to Liquors
- Not to be confused with Liqueurs
- History of whiskey and how it’s made
- Types of whiskey
- Brandy, cognac, and Armagnac
Module 6: Know Your Drinks 2
- All about vodka, gin, and rum
- Tequila and Mescal
- Wine, port, sherry, and vermouth
- Beer - keg and cellar management
Module 7: Know Your Drinks 3
- Aperitifs - what are they?
- Two liquor drinks
- Cream-based drinks
- Sour drinks
- Martinis and Manhattans
Module 8: Know Your Drinks 4
- Highball and juice
- Exotic drinks
- Hot drinks
- Shooters and shots
- Cocktail recipes
Module 9: Intro to Coffee
- Starting with the bean
- Coffee varieties, cultivars and hybrids
- The harvesting process
- Roasting techniques
- Taste and quality
Module 10: Preparing to Brew
- Overview of brewing methods
- Tasting tips
- Using machines and grinders
- Effects of temperature and humidity
Module 11: Grinding and Espresso
- Using the grinder
- Cleaning and maintenance tips
- Proper coffee storage
- Single bean vs. blended
- Espresso trends and shots
- Brew ratios
Module 12: Serve it up
- Getting the perfect cream
- The science of milk and coffee
- Steaming and frothing
- Choosing the right vessel
- Getting creative with presentation
- Learn the recipes: Americano, Macchiato, Cappuccino, Mocha, and more!
Who is this course for?
- Aspiring bartenders or baristas who are looking to break into the industry
- Established professionals who want to improve their performance and upgrade skills
- Owners and managers of restaurants, cafes, bars, hotels, etc.
- Anyone in the catering or hospitality industry
- Events professionals who want to expand their skill sets
Expert bartenders and baristas who are knowledgeable about their product and industry, have a wide range of recipes in their repertoire, and demonstrate excellent customer service can become employed by exclusive bars and clubs, luxury hotels, and top restaurants.
No previous experience is necessary. This training is appropriate for beginners as well as those with existing knowledge who want to refresh or upgrade their skills.
Work as a Bartender, Waiter or Hospitality Supervisor
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
where is the location for this course?
Courses are fully online. You will have access to your Virtual Campus account any time, day or night so you will be able to complete the course at your own pace. At the end of the Bartender and Barista course, you will receive a pdf certificate confirming course completion. This can be used as proof of study for employment.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can you do this course without access to coffee making machine ?
Yes, you can. Our Bartender and Barista course will focus on training to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the bar, restaurant, or hospitality business.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will this course run out over a specific period of time, e.g. after 2 years?
You will have lifetime access to the study materials and that means your can always go back and review the course content. Even 10 years from now!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.