Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Develop mental health awareness. An understanding of mental health problems is an increasingly in-demand asset. Reassure your potential or current employer with your knowledge of common mental health problems and available interventions.
Join 30,000 learners who have upskilled with Strive Training!
- This is a fully-funded course - for those aged 19+, whether you're unemployed, furloughed, or employed.
- Nationally accredited qualification
- Takes on average 5 - 10 weeks
- Engaging online learning
- Learn at your own pace
- Expert 1-to-1 support - Ongoing personal guidance from expert assessors
- Employment support - Benefit from our network of top employers who are looking to hire
- Course Overview - download
UK employers, particularly in the health and social care sector, are increasingly interested in their staff having a thorough understanding of mental health problems. This qualification aims to raise your awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems. You will gain an understanding of prevalent mental health problems and how you can then work with or interact with individuals with them.
Course Length: On average, this course is completed within 5 – 10 weeks. But the more time you dedicate, the sooner you can complete it. The pace of the learning is up to you.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: NCFE
1. Understanding mental health
In this unit you will learn about what is meant by ‘mental health’ and its impact. You will also look at the legal frameworks which ensure high quality care is provided.
2. Understanding stress
In this unit you will gain an understanding of stress and its causes, as well as the effects stress can have on individuals and their daily like. You will also gain an understanding of ways in which stress can be managed.
3. Understanding anxiety
Within this unit you will gain an understanding of anxiety, the causes of anxiety and how it affects the individual and others.
4. Understanding phobias
In this unit you will look at the causes of phobias and learn about how those with phobias can manage them.
5. Understanding depression
This unit covers the causes and effects of depression on individuals and those around them. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of how depression can be managed.
6. Understanding post-natal depression
In this unit you will learn what is meant by the term ‘postnatal depression’. You will look into how postnatal depression not only affects women, but the effect it can have on others around them.
7. Understanding bipolar disorder
This unit will give learners an understanding of bipolar disorder, its causes and the effects it can have on individuals and their daily lives. You will also gain an understanding of ways in which bipolar disorder can be managed.
8. Understanding schizophrenia
Within this unit you will look at the causes of schizophrenia and the media’s representation of this condition.
9. Understanding dementia
Within this unit you will not only learn about what dementia is and how it affects an individual, but will gain an understanding of the ways in which dementia can be managed.
10. Understanding eating disorders
Unit 10 will give you in-depth knowledge of eating disorder, the causes of eating disorders and how they can affect the individual and others.
11. Understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD
Within this unit you will look at ADHD, the causes of this condition and the effect it can have on an individual and others.
12. Understanding Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
In this unit you will gain an understanding of OCD, its causes and how it might affect the individual and others. You will also learn about ways in which OCD can be managed.
13. Understanding Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
The final unit will give you knowledge of PTSD, its causes and how it can affect the individual. You will also gain an understanding of the ways in which PTSD can be managed.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone who currently works in, or would like to work in, the education, health and social care sectors.
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- Are unemployed in receipt of benefit (Subject to eligibility)
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You currently live in Greater London
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification
Mental Health Nurse
Mental Health Support Worker
Health and Wellbeing Coordinator
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.