Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This autism awareness course is designed to provide those who care for individuals with autism, as well as healthcare, teaching and social care professionals, with an in-depth understanding of autism, its spectrum disorders, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Autism is a very complex developmental disorder that takes time to understand. This course explains in the most simple and effective way, the needs of autistic people, how autism affects social and emotional development, and how to provide support for those with autism.
How do you know when a person has autism? Both mild and severe symptoms can be displayed, and this course helps you to identify common traits of autism, taking you through the screening and diagnosis process in detail. You will also develop key communication skills that are ideal for those who work in special needs teaching.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the causes, effects, symptoms and diagnosis of autism
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the autism spectrum disorder
- Explain the autism screening and diagnosis process in detail
- Identify the fundamental characteristics of autism
- Provide quality care for those with autism and understand the support services available
- Understand how different types of autism affect the brain and social development
Key Features of Autism Awareness Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified health and safety professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module 1: Definitions, Context & Background
In module one, we will deepen our understanding of autism, its historical context and how it develops
Module 2: Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder
In module two, we will take a close look at the different types of autistic spectrum disorders their symptoms and characteristics.
Module 3: Diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder
In module three, we will explore the autism screening and diagnosis process in detail.
Module 4: Testing and Support
In module four, we will learn about the support services available for autistic individuals and how doctors test for autism.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who work in the healthcare and social care sector, as well as those who provide care for those with autism, such as:
- Autism Support Workers
- SEN Teaching Assistants
- Autism Specialists
- Parents of autistic children
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.