NCC Home Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Over one in one hundred students are diagnosed with autism – this is why it is imperative for schools to be equipped with the right knowledge and experience to help support children on the autism spectrum, so that they are able to have the best schooling experience possible.
The Autism Awareness for Educators course encompasses this, as it is designed to provide its students with an industry-specific skill set that will help them to provide children with autism the opportunity to receive an appropriate education. This is done by ensuring them an optimal learning environment, helping them to build positive relationships with others and ultimately function independently in the world. By combining all of these crucial elements and more, you will be thoroughly prepared to successfully help a child on the spectrum to be their very best.
- Module 1: What is Autism?
- Module 2: Autism and Education
- Module 3: What is Challenging Behaviour?
- Module 4: Learning Styles and Autism
- Module 5: Supporting Understanding of Other People
- Module 6: Supporting Communication
- Module 7: Building Positive relationships and Achieving Diversity
- Module 8: Supporting Work and the Curriculum
Duration study load
- 130 hours
- Study at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months
- No previous knowledge required
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Certificate of completion
- Student support team
- Course manual, assignments and study guide received by mail and email
- Once enrolled you will be eligible to apply for a TOTUM PRO student card to enjoy a variety of student discounts across the UK
- The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that NCC Home Learning has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria.
Completing a series of tutor-marked assignments and a short multiple choice exam will lead you to the highly acclaimed Level 3 Certificate in Autism Awareness for Educators.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
Questions and answers
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.