The Teachers Training
Add to basket or enquire
This Autism and Developmental Disorders course will provide teachers and parents with a thorough understanding and required skills needed to take care of a child with ASD. With a specific focus on supporting special educational needs (SEN) teaching, this specialised course will add 10 CPD points to your CV.
Starting from the basics, this Autism and Developmental Disorders Course will guide learners on how children with autism and developmental disorders need to be taken care of, covering topics such as the role of a teacher and parents, and how to develop communication with hearing and visual aids. It will also teach you different methods and techniques to effectively interact with SEN pupils.
- This Autism and Developmental Disorders Course is endorsed by TQUK, an Ofqual-regulated awarding organisation in the UK, guaranteeing all students a recognised professional achievement upon completion of the Autism and Developmental Disorders Course.
- The Autism and Developmental Disorders Course is also accredited by CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students as proof of your new qualification.
Through practical and theoretical training, you will be introduced to a range of methodologies to deal with kids who have autism and developmental disorders, and models that have influenced modern teaching practices, including digital tools, equipment and aids. All of the lessons of this Autism and Developmental Disorders course have been designed in such a way that anyone with no prior knowledge on the subject can easily dive into them. Get qualified in no time and kickstart your career.
This course is endorsed by TQUK an Ofqual-regulated pioneering awarding organisation in the UK, which enables you to showcase your qualification as a recognised professional achievement. This course is also CPD accredited with 10 CPD points to signify your professional development in the respective field/sector.
What You Will Learn
- The role, skills and responsibilities of a SEN teaching assistant
- What is Developmental disorder and autism
- Tips on how to support SEN children
- Understand the needs of developmentally disordered children
- Teaching models that have influenced SEN teaching
- How to plan lessons and learning activities for children with ASD
- Digital tools and equipment for teaching SEN pupils
Skills You Will Gain
- Patience to work with SEN students
- Lesson planning
- Motivational skills
- Knowledge of teaching methodologies
Skills You Will Gain
- Teaching Skill
- Motivational Skill
- Communication Skill
- Management Skill
**Autism and Developmental Disorders**
Module 1: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Limited Imagination
- Stress & Anxiety
Module 2: Learning Difficulties Related to Autism
- Autism and Play
- Autism and Functional Play
- The Ability of Children in the Studies in the Developmental Age of Two
- Teachers’ Perspectives on Play are Rarely Considered
- General Assessment Measures for Students with Autism and SLD
- Lack of Social Skills
- Communication Problem
- S.P.E.L.L Framework
- Other Recognised Approaches
- Person Centred Approach
- Preparing for Social Inclusion
Module 3. Autism Diagnosis
- Leading Causes and Diagnosis of Autism
- Diagnosing Autism in Adults
- Diagnosing Autism in Children
- How to Diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorder in Male?
- How to Diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorder in Female?
Module 4.Cognitive Approaches in Autism
- Cognitive Aspects
- Recognised Approaches to Autism
- Introduction to Autism
- Autism Spectrum Disorder in Adolescents and Adults
- Conditions and Common Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Vs. Asperger Syndrome
- Different Categories of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autistic Disorder
- Asperger Syndrome
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified
Module 5. Dealing with Autistic Individuals
- Autistic Behaviour Patterns
- Prevalence of Unlawful Behaviour
- The Nature and Causes of Unlawful Behaviour
- Dealing with Unlawful Behaviour
- National Autistic Society’s Code of Practice for Autism Related Training
- Legal Obligations to Adhere to at All Times
- Best Practices
- Ensuring a Safe Environment
- Creating a Safety Plan
- Other Visual Strategies
Module 6. Other Considerations for Dealing with Autistic Individuals
- Useful Considerations for Home, School and The Community
- Organisational Considerations
- Organisation Systems at Home
- Organisation Systems at School
- Organisation Systems in the Workplace
- Organisation Practices in the Community
- Ethical Considerations
- What are the Ethical Considerations?
- Why are these Considerations Vital?
Module 7.Engagement in Autism Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- World Autism Awareness Day
- Autism Awareness UK
- Importance of Autism Awareness
After completing all the modules in the Autism and Developmental Disorders, students will be required to sit a multiple-choice assessment to test your knowledge. The assessment will be delivered through our online learning platform, with immediate results available upon completion.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK:
After successfully completing the Autism and Developmental Disorders assignment, students will be eligible for a globally-recognised TQUK-endorsed certification for an accreditation fee of £59. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from The Teachers Training:
After successfully completing the multiple-choice assessment for the Autism and Developmental Disorders, students will qualify for a CPD-accredited certificate from Teachers Training to showcase your new achievement.
- Free PDF certificates are available for instant download as soon as students have successfully completed the assessment
- Hard copy certificates can be ordered and sent via post for only £8.99
Add an amazing new skill to your CV and give yourself a competitive advantage when applying for jobs!
Who is this course for?
This Autism and Developmental Disorders course is ideal for anyone who wants to:
- Gain a formal, accredited qualification to fast track their career
- Learn more about the role of a SEN teacher/teaching assistant
- Test their skills and knowledge to become a more competent professional
- Use their passion and motivation to educate children with ASD
No previous experience or qualifications are needed to take this Autism and Developmental Disorders Course, but you should;
- Be aged 16 or over
- Have a basic understanding of the English Language
- Have at least basic numeracy and literacy skills
With this course you can become a SEN teacher/teaching assistant and teach children with autism and developmental disorders in a classroom environment or at their homes.
Career Opportunities in this field include the following:
- SEN Teacher
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- SEN Tutor
- Speech and Language Therapist
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Jesus V. Matthews asked:
Hi Please notify if I need any special skill and requirements for completing this course in a fantastic way. Getting confused to take the course :(
Dear Matthews, The course is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there are no specific requirements to attend and complete this course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.