Add to basket or enquire
ATHE Diploma in Business and Administrative Management - Level 5 (120 credits)
Sign up for this ATHE Diploma in Business and Administrative Management - Level 5 (120 credits) course, and get free access to the Diploma in Improving Critical Business Skills course and add more CPD hours to your portfolio (30 Hours)
If you want to gain entry straightaway into the second year of a degree programme, you can do it now, by taking the ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management. This is the quickest progression pathway to complete the desired degree across a number of Universities in the UK. It is the most viable and effective method to qualify in administrative management. The diploma will equip you with a wealth of information and the good news is that the degree can be achieved in half of the time. An OFQUAL regulated qualification in the UK, you can enhance your academic knowledge and expertise through this course. It is equivalent to the second year degree programme, which means you can gain a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Administrative Management successfully. This is a more flexible pathway to getting a degree, particularly if you do not have the required qualifications to enter a University programme. Upon completing this course, it will improve your employment opportunities in business and other related sectors.
The Level 5 Diploma will cover key topics under the mandatory units which include operations management and strategic decision making.
The ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management will give you leverage in an already competitive industry, and make you a formidable candidate that will be considered a valuable asset by leading organisations. This qualification will come in useful when you want to progress up the career ladder, impress potential organisations, and gain a high-paying job role.
Students will be issued an official cover letter stating that you have completed 480 CPD hours at the completion of your ATHE Diploma in Business and Administrative Management - Level 5 course.
Grab this Special Offer!!
Win the special voucher code attached below, You can claim it at the next purchase for any Quality License Scheme or CPD accredited course from Global Edulink which would make you delighted as no one could compare.
Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
Course Curriculum: ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
Module 01: Operations Management [J/505/9229]
- The role of operations management within organization
- How operations management supports organisational success
- The importance of meeting operational performance targets
- Relationship Between Strategy and Operations
- The role of strategic operations management
Module 02: Information for Strategic Decision Making [A/505/9230]
- The role of information systems in strategic decision making
- Other Types of Information Systems
- The need for integrated knowledge to support decision making
- Importance of MIS in Decision Making
- How information systems support the business
- Strategic Information Systems Planning (SISP)
- Quantitative approaches and techniques in decision-making
Module 03: Advanced Finance for Business Managers [T/505/9257]
- How to assess the future cash flow position of a business
- The Purpose of a Cash Budget
- The impact of cash flow forecasts on decision making
- How costing techniques contribute to decision making
- Types of costing techniques
- The financial implications of capital investment decisions
- How quantitative findings and qualitative factors can be used to make recommendations to businesses
Module 04: The Context of Corporate Governance [J/505/9246]
- The context and theory of corporate governance
- The need for effective corporate governance
- The development of corporate governance and corporate governance theories
- Understanding the UK model of corporate governance and the role of Codes of Practice
- The role of the board of directors
Module 05: Organisational Analysis and Change [R/505/9248]
- The evolution of and changing perspectives on organisation and management theory
- Bureaucratic management theory
- Administrative Management Theory
- Scientific management theory
- The behavioural theories
- The impact of a dynamic external environment on organisational structures and processes
- The external environment of an organization
- SWOT analysis
Module 06: Human Resource Management [F/505/9231]
- The context and role of human resource management (HRM)
- The context, role and objectives of HRM
- Objectives of HRM
- The influences on the development of HRM as a theory and management function
- Industrial Welfare
- Recruitment and Selection
- Acquisition of other Personnel Activities
- Industrial Relations
Module 07: Knowledge Management Strategy [F/505/9245
- The concept of knowledge management in the organisation
- Explicit Knowledge
- Tacit Knowledge
- Embedded Knowledge
- Models of knowledge management
- The characteristics of the knowledge intensive firm
- Knowledge as a source of competitive advantage by organisations
- The practice of knowledge management in an organisation
Module 08: Leadership, Motivation and Group Dynamics [L/505/9247]
- The role of groups and teams in organisations
- The difference between groups and teams
- Difference between formal and informal groups and teams
- The stages in team formation and development
- How team cohesiveness can be developed in organisations
- The behaviour of individuals within groups and teams
- How groups and teams support organisational performance
- Different types of teams
- How patterns of communication in groups and teams support organisational goals
- The role of motivation in organisations
- The Content Theory of motivation
Module 09: Business Research [Y/505/9249]
- Selecting a business research topic
- The aims and objectives of the research
- The importance of validity and reliability of data within research
- Planning and Conducting Research
- Analysing research findings
Module 10: Business Ethics [D/505/9253]
- Different ethical perspectives in business
- Types of business ethics
- Understand business objectives from an ethical perspective
- Ethics in workplace relationships
- Assessing current ethical issues in a business
Module 11: Economics for Business [H/505/9254]
- The principles of economics and how they relate to business
- Demand Analysis and Forecasting
- Cost and Production Analysis
- Pricing Decisions, Policies and Practices
- Profit Management
- Capital Management
** FREE Diploma in Improving Critical Business Skills – Level 3 + FREE e-certificate **
1. Strategy is About Making Choices
2. How Apple Raises Competitive Barriers and Danger of Straddling
3. Identifying Trader Joes Doesnt Do
4. First Movers or Fast Followers?
5. Netflix Met Blockbuster
6. How to Anticipate Your Rival’s Response?
7. Why Was Pixar Acquired by Disney?
8. Explaining the Diversification Discount
9. Definition of Forward and Backward Integration
10. The Winner’s Curse in Mergers and Acquisitions
11. The Lean Startup Methodology
12. Explaining the Power of Superior Operations
13. Definition of Leaner & Meaner Production
14. Process of Refining Service Operations and Demand?
15. Process of Inventory Rightsizing
16. How to Manage Supply and Suppliers?
17. Learning the Long Reach of Logistics
18. Business Processes Rethinking
19. Operational Performance Measuring and Margins
20. How to Leverage Your Supply Chain?
21. Overview of Reducing Risk Building Resilience
22. Learning Accounting and Finance Decision-Making Tools
23. How to Understand a Balance Sheet?
24. How to Read and Analyze an Income Statement?
25. Analyzing a Cash Flow Statement and Trend and Ratio.
26. Process of Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis and Time Value of Money.
27. Identifying the Trade-Off between Risk and Return
28. Method of Using Net Present Value by Investors and Net Present Value
29. The Debt and Equity Costs Weighing and Value a Company’s Stock
30. Organizational Results Achieving
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
Method of Assessment
In order to successfully complete the ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management, learners must complete 9 mandatory units and 2 optional units totaling 120 credits.
The official exam is included with this course.
Mandatory Units: 09
- Operations Management (15 Credits | 60 GLH)
- Information for Strategic Decision Making (10 Credits | 40 GLH)
- Advanced Finance for Business Managers (10 Credits | 40 GLH)
- The Context of Corporate Governance (10 Credits | 40 GLH)
- Organisational Analysis and Change (15 Credits | 60 GLH)
- Human Resource Management (10 Credits | 40 GLH)
- Knowledge Management Strategy (05 Credits | 20 GLH)
- Leadership, Motivation and Group Dynamics (10 Credits | 40 GLH)
- Business Research (15 Credits | 60 GLH)
Optional Units: 02
- Business Ethics (15 Credits | 60 GLH)
- Economics for Business (15 Credits | 60 GLH)
Qualification Number - 601/2375/8
Total Qualification Time - 1200 hours
Total Guided Learning Hours - 480 hours
Level - 5
Credits - 120
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Upon the successful completion of this course, learners will be awarded the ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management.
Benefits you will gain:
- 0% interest free payment plan
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
- Learners will be Eligible for TOTUM Discount Card
- You must be over the age of 18
- Prior study in Business, Management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification, such as ATHE Extended Diploma in Management or Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
- Other equivalent international qualifications
- Appropriate standard of English
Learners can progress to the following:
- Employment or increased opportunities in business and other related sectors
- ATHE Level 6 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
- Other ATHE Certificates and Diplomas in Management at a higher level
- A Degree programme with exemption from units completed
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.