Add to basket or enquire
Online ASP.Net Web API Training
- ASP.NET Web API is a framework for building HTTP services that can be accessed from various clients, such as browsers and mobile devices, iPhone and tablets.
- It is very similar to ASP.NET MVC since it contains the MVC features such as routing, controllers, action results, filter, model binders, IOC container or dependency injection. But it is not a part of the MVC Framework.
- It is a part of the core ASP.NET platform and can be used with MVC and other types of Web applications like Asp.Net Web Forms. It can also be used as an stand-alone Web services application. – ASP.NET Web API was introduced as part of ASP.NET MVC 4; however, it has its origins in WCF as WCF Web API. This new HTTP service model is simple to develop.
- Today, a web-based application is not enough to reach it’s customers. People are very smart, they are using iphone, mobile, tablets etc. devices in its daily life. These devices also have a lot of apps for making the life easy. Actually, we are moving from the web towards apps world.
- So, if you like to expose your service data to the browsers and as well as all these modern devices apps in fast and simple way, you should have an API which is compatible with browsers and all these devices.
What is the need of ASP.NET Web API TRAINING?
- Today, a web-based application is not enough to reach many customers. People are very smart nowadays; they are using iPhone’s, mobile and tablets etc. devices in its day-to-day life.
- These devices also have a lot of applications for making our life easy. Actually, we are moving from web towards apps world.
- So, if you like to publish your service data to the browsers and as well as all these modern devices apps in fast and simple way, you should have an API which should get along with browsers and all these devices.
- Web API is the great framework for publishing your data and services to different-different devices. Moreover Web API is an open source and ideal platform for building REST-full services over the .NET Framework.
- Not similarly like WCF Rest service, it uses the full features of HTTP (like URIs, request/response headers, caching, versioning, various content formats) and you don’t need to define any extra configuration settings for different devices unlike WCF Rest service.
- If we need a Web Service and don’t need SOAP (Simple Object Access Control) then ASP.NET Web API is best choice to build apps.
- It is used to develop simple, non-SOAP-based HTTP Services on top of existing WCF message pipeline.
- It is not tiresome and extensive configuration like WCF REST service.Simple service creation can be done with Web API.
- With WCF REST Services, service creation is hard to use.
- It is only HTTP basis and easy to define, publish and consume in a REST-full way.
- It is light weight architecture and better for devices which have limited bandwidth like smart phones.
- It is open source.
- It supports convention-based CRUD Actions which are create, retrieve, update and delete since it works with HTTP verbs GET,POST,PUT and DELETE.
- Its responses have an Accept header and HTTP status code.
Responses are arranged by Web API’s MediaTypeFormatter into JSON, XML or whatever format you wish to add as a MediaTypeFormatter.
- It may accept and generate the content which may not be object oriented such as images, PDF files etc.
Course goals and objectives:
- Over 30 lectures and 6+ hours of content!
- By the end of the course you will be in a position to develop any web application by yourself.
- Learn to develop user interface
- Learn to publish the web site
- Learn to do analysis and design of any project
- You will have knowledge about ASP.NET web API architecture.
- How exactly ASP.NET web API is used in building apps for your users or for company.
- Full control over how to send and how to give reply HTTP protocol messages.
- An abstraction in a simple way; the simplest Web API you can develop can wrap an HttpMessageHandler, which is somewhat more or less a simple function taking an HttpRequestMessage and returning a Task
Target Audience for ASP.NET web api Training:
- Developers who are already in developing world can take up this course as it explains every concept in a proper way.
- Fresh Graduates whether its B.E, B.Tech, B.Sc. The pass out students can go for this course. It will help in building basic apps to specific and in detail apps.
- For IT Professionals who have very little knowledge of ASP.NET can go for this course as well, because being from IT background little knowledge about languages is known. The basic concept should be known.
Pre-requisites for ASP.NET web api training:
- A computer with Internet facility as it is an online training so to study internet is needed.
- Basic Dot Net Framework should be known for faster learning. So that theory part can be completed fast and assignments can be solved properly.
- Even a beginner can start with this course as it’s going to cover some basic points on ASP.NET.
ASP.NET web API Training Advantages:
- Will be well versed with ASP.NET web api.
- Webpages can be made by studying the course and guidelines given in it.
- Concept will be clear.
- You will be able to understand advance concepts of other scripting language as well.
- In software companies ASP.NET language is one of the important languages to be known among other. Based on this various apps gets developed.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.