Add to basket or enquire
Our Building Surveying Diploma is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation ABC Awards, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Building Surveying Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Enter the building industry and become an essential part of its commercial potential by taking this Building Surveying Diploma, specially written by One Education. By training with us, you will quickly learn all the essential knowledge in property and construction, becoming a valued professional when performing a quality assessment on any property. Enrol now and start earning.
Building surveyors are critical to the housing market and commercial businesses and will always be in demand wherever there is a construction project of any kind. We can coach you to become skilled in all aspects of inspection, health and safety, and UK property law. Learn with us, and you’ll be on the way to a satisfying and lucrative career.
When starting our Building Surveying Diploma, you’ll quickly learn the fundamental principles and master the complex administration and techniques. We’ll also teach how to interact with construction firms, contractors, and property developers, and build information models. The use of technology and methods for rigorous inspection is explained, as well as a masterclass on historic buildings. Each one of the interactive modules will delve into a different aspect of surveying and grant you invaluable knowledge on how to excel in this profession. Sign up soon and discover how surveying the homes, houses, and any property can give you a profitable future.
What Will I Learn from This Building Surveying Diploma?
- Understand the crucial principles of UK building laws and regulations
- Learn about building procurement and contract administration
- Acquire the knowledge to perform Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Discover how modern technology has transformed surveying methods
- Know how to inspect both modern and historic buildings
- Gain the skills to inspect foundations and the walls of a property
- Become aware of “Building Pathology.”
- Be able to perform outstanding reports and provide excellent recommendations
Why People Enrol this Building Surveying Diploma From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Building Surveying Diploma
- Learning materials of our Building Surveying Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Building Surveying Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Building Surveying Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Building Surveying Diploma
This Building Surveying Diploma is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Building Survey: An Introduction
- Building Survey
- A Brief Story
Module 02: Building Law Principles
- What is a Contract?
- Essential Elements of Contracts
- What are Building Contracts?
Module 03: Building Procurement and Contract Administration
- Parties and professionals in the construction process
- Types of a contractual arrangement
- Typical Contract Documents
Module 04: Building Information Modelling
- Introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- BIM “Dimensions”
- Stakeholders and BIM’s many roles
Module 05: Building Technology
- Building Elements
- Building Loads
Module 06: The Procedure of Building Survey and Surveys of Historic Buildings
- Inspection Procedures for House Survey
- Detailed Procedures
- Some Typical Defects in Residential Property
Module 07: Beginning of the Survey: Foundation and In-depth Survey in Walls
- Choice of foundation
- Types of foundation
Module 08: Ground Level Investigation: Floors and Investigation Above the Ground: Roofs and Chimneys
- Ground Level Investigation
- Suspended Timber Floors
- Solid Floors
Module 09: Inspection of Joinery and Woodwork
- Wood-boring Insects
- Wood-rotting Fungi
- Timber Frame Construction
Module 10: Finishes and Surfaces of the Building
- Finishes and Surfaces
- Plaster Finishes
- Other Wall and Ceiling Finishes
Module 11: Services Inspection
- Goodbye to the Loft Tank?
Module 12: Building Pathology
- What is Building Pathology?
- Cracking in buildings
Module 13: Building Adaption
- What is Adaptation
- Adaptability Criteria
Module 14- Understanding Work Breakdown Structure
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Why use a Work Breakdown Structure as a surveyor.
Module 15: Report Writing
- Report Writing Criteria
Module 16– Legal Aspects
- Negligence Defined
How is the Building Surveying Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a recognised and professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the Building Surveying Diploma, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Endorsed certificates can be ordered and get delivered to your home by post for only £109. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this Building Surveying Diploma, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Building Surveying Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Building Surveying Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Building Surveying Diploma is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for Building Surveying Diploma is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire these skills that are necessary.
This Building Surveying Diploma will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this Building Surveying Diploma. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
When was this cours created? Are all information up to date?
Hello Aneta, Thank you for contacting us. The course was prepared in July 2020, and all information is up to date. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.