Add to basket or enquire
The course is approved by leading industry bodies ROSPA and the IATP. You will learn about the rules and regulations needed to stay compliant with government rules and regulation for asbestos. Enrol now and get this course at a discounted price!
Asbestos is probably the most dangerous building material ever used. Every year thousands of people fall ill and die because of exposure to asbestos and it was widely used by the construction industry right up until the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) apply to employers, employees, self-employed persons and duty holders and cover all work with asbestos containing materials. Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos.
As well as informing candidates about the risks of working with asbestos, the course will deliver content to help them recognise asbestos containing materials, make them aware of where it was used, include steps they can take to minimise the risks and discuss the legislation that applies to working with asbestos.
Each module is rounded off with several multiple-choice questions, candidates are required to get 100% on these tests to pass the course. They have the opportunity to review all the answers at the end of each module before final submission and will be given 3 attempts to achieve the required result.
Being aware of the products that are likely to contain asbestos and the risks associated with them give workers and supervisors the information they need to avoid work that may disturb asbestos.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
- Learn about the different types of asbestos and the risks of exposure to each one
- Ensure compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and HSE law
- Know how to conduct an asbestos risk assessment and report any incidents regarding asbestos exposure
- Understand the dangers, properties, levels and characteristics of asbestos
- Gain the skills to take appropriate and swift action in the case of asbestos exposure
- Be able to detect whether a building has asbestos and understand the procedures for removing asbestos from a building
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements of architects and designers
- Become a smarter, more competent professional, with a recognised qualification
Highlights of Basic Legionella Management Course
- RoSPA & IATP Approved
- Universally recognised and accepted by the employer
- Complete video training delivered by qualified professionals
- Instantly downloadable FREE certificate
- Tutor and technical support
- Fully online, self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone.
Asbestos is one of the most harmful building materials used within the design and construction industry. As well as those directly involved in the construction of buildings, professionals in related fields such as architects and town planners must also have an awareness of the risks of asbestos exposure and the safety regulations in place to control them.
This course will give you complete asbestos awareness training. Enrol now and learn all about it.
This Asbestos Awareness Training course is designed with the following modules:
Module 1: Properties and Risks of Asbestos Exposure
- What is asbestos?
- The Properties of Asbestos
- Health Risks
- Asbestos Related Illnesses
Module 2: Different Types of Asbestos
- Different Types of Asbestos
- Where You Might Find Asbestos
Module 3: Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos
- Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos
- Managing the Risk
- What to do if Asbestos is Discovered?
Module 4: An Outline of Asbestos Legislation
- An Outline of Asbestos Legislation
- C-A-R (Control of Asbestos Regulation)
- Categories of Asbestos Related Work
Module 5: Content for Architects and Designers
- Introduction for Architects and Designers
- Specific Regulations Relevant to Architects and Designers
- Other Specific Duties
This Asbestos Awareness course is fully accredited by RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) and IATP. This qualification is universally accepted by all employers.
You will be able to instantly download and print your certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course. A hard copy of the certificate can also be sent to you via post right at your doorstep — for £15 only.
Who is this course for?
The Asbestos Awareness for Architects and Designers course covers the same subjects as our Asbestos Awareness course with an additional module aimed specifically at architects and designers working with buildings that may contain asbestos. It provides information about the legislation governing asbestos in work and outlines the responsibilities of architects and designers.
The course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and to be over the age of 16.
This Asbestos Awareness training course will ensure your competence, professionalism and compliance in the workplace with an accredited qualification that applies to those in the following professions:
- Urban Designer
- Building Surveyor
- Town Planner
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.