Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This Asbestos Awareness course covers essential asbestos training, with a particular focus on architecture and design. It explores Asbestos Regulations 2012 and HSE law, as well as the different types of asbestos, their properties and characteristics.
Asbestos is one of the most hazardous building materials to work with. As well as those directly involved in the construction of buildings, professionals in related fields such as architects and town planners must also be able to demonstrate an understanding of the risks of asbestos exposure and key safety regulations.
This instructor-led training course will take you through the steps of conducting an asbestos risk assessment and what the legal requirements of architects and designers are. You will also learn how to detect whether a building has asbestos and the procedures for removing asbestos from a building.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the different types of asbestos and their health risks when exposed to
- Ensure full compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and HSE law
- Conduct an asbestos risk assessment and report any incidents regarding asbestos exposure
- Understand the dangers, properties, levels and characteristics of asbestos
- Detect whether a building has asbestos and understand the procedures for removing asbestos from a building
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements of architects and designers
Key Features of Asbestos Awareness for Architects and Designers Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module 1: Properties and Risks of Asbestos Exposure
In module one, we will explore the key characteristics, properties and health risks of asbestos exposure.
Module 2: Different Types of Asbestos
In module two, we will gain an understanding of the different types of asbestos and which are the most hazardous to health.
Module 3: Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos
In module three, we will learn some fundamental asbestos risk management procedures, with step-by-step guidance on how to conduct a risk assessment.
Module 4: An Outline of Asbestos Legislation
In module four, we will explore the fundamental principles of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and other key safety legislation.
Module 5: Content for Architects and Designers
In module five, we will gain a deeper understanding fo the responsibilities of architects and designers in regard to asbestos safety management.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This practical training course is ideal for those who work in the design or construction industry, such as:
- Project Managers
- Asbestos Surveyors
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.