The APMG International Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FNFM™) course is the quickest, most effective way to train non-financial managers in all aspects of basic business finance and its practical application. Every manager needs to understand finance if they are to play an active role in helping their organization achieve its objectives. However, not every manager needs the same level of skill and understanding as specialist financial managers. A good knowledge of the key concepts of prudent financial management as modern financial accounting should equip all managers with the knowledge they require.
The accredited APMG International Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FNFM™) course covers an introduction to the basic concepts of finance, teaching you how to read basic financial statements. Also it equips you with the knowledge of how your business decisions impact the financial health of your organisation, and understanding the financial concepts needed by all managers. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention. Therefore, it fully prepares you for the examination.
The FNFM™ certification will improve your knowledge as well as your overall performance as a manager. It will enable you to:
• play a more active role in helping their organization achieve its objective,
• understand financial management and accounting processes,
• understand and communicate better with finance specialists.
By the end of the FNFM™ e-learning course you will learn the following key things:
• personal development as a manager and leader,
• information based decision making,
• performance management,
• resource management,
• meeting stakeholder and quality needs,
• conducting a management project,
• financial control,
• marketing planning,
• project development and control,
• human resource development,
• managing recruitment and selection,
• being a leader,
• leadership practice.
- Introduction to financial statements
- Profit and loss account
- Balance sheet
- Cash flow
- Costing decisions
- Introduction to financial analysis
- Investment appraisal
- Profit margin
- Asset turnover
- Return on Capital Employed (ROCE)
- Mock exam simulator
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate time required to complete modules – 20 hours.
- Accredited e-learning course that meets the high standards of the accreditation body.
- Unlimited course access for 12 months.
- Tutor support is available via chat, phone and email as and when required.
- Mock exam simulator included to enable you to practise prior to the exam.
- Official exam available at various locations across the UK within 12 months of purchase.
- Nationally-recognised certification that employers expect candidates to hold.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the APMG International.
• paper-based exam format, available at various locations across the UK,
• consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions. Pass mark score is 18 out of 25 available (72%),
• examination duration – 1 hour,
• closed book examination (a copy of the FNFM key terms glossary and a calculator are permitted in the exam).
There is no re-certification requirement; the FNFM™ is a lifetime certification.
Please note the exam must be taken within 12 months of purchase and all course modules need to be completed and assessments passed prior to this stage.
Who is this course for?
The certification is aimed at current and aspiring managers that require an understanding of finance and how to enable an organization to realize its objectives. It is ideal for: programme / project manages, IT and service support managers, sales executives / consultants and professionals from other disciplines needing to develop their understanding of finance.
You do not need any qualifications or work experience to start the FNFM™ course.
- Operations Manager
- IT / Service Support Manager
- Project Manager with the average salary of £62,000 per annum
- Programme Manager
- Certified professionals tend to earn up to 20% more comparing to non-certified.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.