My Training Academy
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
What is APM and APM PFQ
Association for Project Management’s Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) is the knowledge based, introductory qualification awarded by the Association for Project Management (APM); formerly known as the APM Introductory Certificate (APM IC).
Association for Project Management (APM) was formed in 1972 in the UK to support project professionals through its qualification and membership scheme. APM has over 30,000 individual members and more than 500 organisations participating in their Corporate Partnership Programme, making APM the largest professional body for project management in Europe.
Why consider an APM Project Fundamentals Qualification Course? Increased Employment Opportunities & Better Salary Rewards
Project Management methods and frameworks are evolving faster than ever. This is occuring in order to keep pace with the growing needs of public and private organisations to deliver better project outcomes and benefits. This rapid evolution has expressed itself in recent years in the following ways:-
- Greater demand for formally qualified Project Managers.
- Rising Salaries for qualified Project Management Professionals.
The Association for Project Management’s Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM-PFQ) course offers a fundamental awareness of project management processes, roles and terminology. Topics covered include; the project management life cycle, planning and scheduling, communication, teamwork, resource management, project risk management and project reviews.
Who Is This Course For?
This course has been designed for those wanting to gain a broad understanding of the principles and practice of project management. No prior knowledge or experience is required for this qualification which will offer the individual the knowledge to make a positive contribution to any project, as a member of the project team.
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification provides a fundamental awareness of project management.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe a projects context and the relationship of this to the way in which the project is managed
- Write usable project documentation including business cases and project plans.
- Describe the key components of a team and how a project manager might seek to manage them
- Carry out a work breakdown of a project as a first component of planning and produce a project plan
- Carry out a risk analysis of a project and describe ways in which projects can be monitored and controlled
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis and describe ways in which they can be managed
- Define and understand project management terms
- Have sufficient knowledge to sit the APM PFQ exam
There is no pre-requisite required for the APM Project Fundamentals course.
What is included on the course?
- APM Accredited course materials.
- APM PFQ Syllabus, slides, notes, audios, exam guidance.
- Sample questions.
- Official APM sample exam papers.
- Tutor support.
This course is accredited by the Association for Project Management and is equivalent to SCQF Level 6.
The APM PFQ training includes the fundamentals of the following topics;
- Project Management & the Operating Environment
- Project Life Cycle
- Management Structures by which Projects operate
- Project Management Planning
- Scope Management
- Scheduling and Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Issue Management
- Quality Management
- Leadership & Teamwork
Duration and Time Limit
The AgilePM Foundation course takes approximately 30 – 40 hours to complete, although there is no time limit and you can do it in your own time and in stages.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those with little to no experience who want to enter the field of project management.
There are no official prerequisites that need to be met to study the Agile Foundation training course.
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification course is suited to anyone looking to work in any of the following roles:
- Agile Project Manager
- Junior Project Manager
- Project Office Support
- Project Coordinator
- Project Administrator
- Project Manager
- IT Project Manager
- Project Management Assistant
- Project Planner
- IT Project Coordinator
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.