Animal Biology Course
Animal biology is the field of study about the diversity of animals, from the smallest species to the largest animals, their behaviour, and their interaction among themselves and with their environment. This field of study also provides familiarization with the anatomy and physiology of animals.
An animal and nature lover is sure to be interested in this course. Taking advantage of this course can land the trainee a job as an animal health officer, animal trainer and presenter, biochemistry technician, medical secretary, pet behaviour therapist, unit pet care officer, or even as veterinary care assistant.
The animal industry is expanding, so is the demand for experts to care for animals. Enhance your knowledge on animals and make a career out of it.
At the end of this course, students shall learn how to:
(1) be familiar with the overview of animal biology;
(2) be aware of different types of movement process within the body;
(3) understand the anatomy and physiology of body parts;
(4) be familiar with composition and influence of genes;
(5) understand animal welfare and protection; and
(6) care for animal health.
To achieve these goals, this course shall make use of interactive materials to present the concepts of the topics to be discussed. Assessments shall be done after the entire course to check for knowledge retention and understanding.
- Unit 1 - Overview Of Animal Biology
- Defining life
- Factors suggesting life
- Unit 2 - Different Types of Movement Process Within the Body
- The processes of substance movement
- Acids and bases in the body
- Unit 3 - The Anatomy and Physiology of Body Parts
- Various systems of the body
- The sense organs
- Unit 4 - Composition and Influence of Genes
- Mendel’s first law
- Unit 5 - Animals Welfare And Protection
- The animal welfare status
- Statutory organisations
- Unit 6 - Care For Animals Health
- Recognising pain in animals
- General hygiene of animals
- Unit 7 – What is Microbiology?
- Defining microbiology
- The structure of various microorganisms
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded an IOLEN Certificate of Achievement from IOLEN Accreditation. This should help validate their learning experience and skill, and can be used as a resume builder.
This course is divided into several modules and is delivered online through our interactive learning management system. Students are given access to the learning portal where they can access the course 24/7. This gives them complete control over the pace of their learning while also enabling them to study from home, in their offices or from a laptop while traveling.
Normative or minimum period of study to complete this is 45 hours. Take note that this is only an estimate. The duration of completing the course still depends on the learner’s pace and ability to absorb information. Additionally, as the course is delivered online, learners have the options to divide and study the course in multiple session or go through it one go.
Learners will be given full access to this course for 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, learners are given the flexibility to complete the course at anytime.
- Allow you to keep up to date on the aspects of your career
- Give you an insight into your chosen career path
- Fill in the gaps of any knowledge you may not have
- Enhance your resume
- Show you are a committed learner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Charlotte Lorna asked:
Is this pass, merit or distinction graded?
Hi Charlotte, Just complete all the modules and we will send your certificate of completion. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What level is the course?
Hi Helen, This is an introductory course. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
where do you go for assessments?
Hi Jen, Please see this information on the reed advert. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.