Android: Application Development and Design Patterns
If you're a newbie in the world of app development, trying to create apps that sells on Play Store, then this course is for you.
There’s no denying that Android has taken over the mobile world. There’s a rise in Android app developers in the market. You could be one.
Android: Application Development and Design Patterns exists as a blend of text, videos, code examples, and assessments, which together makes your learning and creating journey all the more fun and worth the cost.
This course starts with an introduction on Android Nougat. By getting to know all its new features, get started on building your own application. Start off by creating its UI with Android’s key developer tool the Android Studio and Android SDK. Networking concepts with the API are the next in line, followed by creating an application that will give you a practical hands on experience such as a News Reader application. Complete the building process by implementing Firebase Analytics and Crash Analysis to measure the success and health of your app.
You will gradually explore the different design and layout patterns and learn the best practices on how to use them together. You will then develop an application that will help you grasp activities, services, and broadcasts and their roles in Android development. Moving on, you will add user detecting classes and APIs such as for gesture detection, touch screen listeners and sensors to our app. You will also learn to adapt your app to run on tablets and other devices and platforms, including Android Wear, Auto, and TV. Finally, you will learn to connect your app to social media.
By the end of the course, you’ll be ready to write clean code and make your app stand out from the crowd.
The goal of this course is to make you a skilled Android developer.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create the User Interface with elements such as layouts and views
- Use and evangelize the best third-party libraries in the business, which are not known to developers at beginner-intermediate level
- Implement additional components like Crash repost Analysis to ensure the success of an application
- Exercise the testing puzzles such as Unit testing with Powermock and espresso
- Detect user activities by using touch screen listeners, gesture detection, and reading sensors
- Apply transitions and shared elements to employ elegant animations and efficiently use the minimal screen space of mobile devices
- Develop apps that automatically apply the best layouts for different devices by using designated directories
Style and Approach
This course is a hands-on tutorial on building an application on Android Nougat, using the latest features of Android. It provides the latest content at the fastest possible pace.
The curator of this course has combined some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Learning Android N Application Development by Soham Mondal
- Android Design Patterns and Best Practice by Kyle Mew
- Android Design Patterns and Best Practices - Volume 1 by Kyle Mew
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.