Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online anaphylaxis training for nurses and other healthcare and social care professionals. This anaphylaxis e-learning course for registered nurses was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for the management of anaphylaxis in adults and children (anaphylaxis algorithms). This e learning anaphylaxis course also meets the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this online anaphylaxis training course for nurses are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation and guidelines regarding the management of anaphylaxis
- To improve the awareness and response to adults and children who suffer from serious allergic reactions
- To provide essential anaphylaxis training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online course?
This online anaphylaxis training course covers the following:
- A full understanding and awareness of UK allergy statistics
- Understand definition of anaphylaxis
- Know and can explain the causes of anaphylaxis
- Understand the symptoms of anaphylaxis
- Fully aware of treatments for anaphylaxis
- Understand everyday management of anaphylaxis
- Fully aware of the emergency anaphylaxis management procedure
- Can explain and use anaphylaxis management devices (adrenaline devices)
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online anaphylaxis training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online anaphylaxis training course for nurses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this anaphylaxis e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about anaphylaxis
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete the course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
Ad Vitam Learning’s anaphylaxis eLearning course should be completed by nurses and other healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This anaphylaxis training course online is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff.
This e-learning anaphylaxis course is for registered nurses can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This online anaphylaxis course for nurses and care workers covers the main points relating to anaphylaxis awareness in health and social care settings. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
PC, Phablet,Tablet, Smart phone laptop and access to the internet
CPD (CSFT) certificate in Anaphylaxis management in Adults and Children
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.