Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
Emergencies can happen anywhere, so it is important to know how to provide basic life support care (BLS) in case of an emergency. And if you see someone suddenly affected by the most serious type of allergic reaction - Anaphylaxis, don’t panic! Put this Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support (CSTF) course in your basket and learn to act quickly according to the emergency.
This course will provide an overview of anaphylaxis; its causes, symptoms and treatment. It will then describe how to perform adult and paediatric basic life support. You will also learn the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and what else is needed when you install an AED.
Throughout this course, you will gain strong working knowledge on the basics of reducing the risk of allergic reactions in schools and will know how to prevent Anaphylactic Shock. You will also be able to handle any complications in choking and keep up with recovery position and first aid techniques. So, quickly add this course to your basket and take a step forward to support, care and by taking the right actions required to save a life.
Skills You Will Gain from course:
- Understand the physiology and triggers of anaphylaxis and management.
- Develop confidence to act quickly when necessary.
- Be familiar with basic life support; including the safe use of an AED.
- Provide emergency treatment of anaphylaxis in a child or adult.
- Understand how to perform BLS in accordance with Normal breathing and circulation.
- Take care of essential basic life support training resources in an engaging and meaningful way.
- Reduce the amount of hesitation and fear to check for safety.
The course has been designed by experts, to create a rich and in-depth training experience for all the students who enrol on it. Enrol on the Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support (CSTF) course now and get instant access to all course materials. Then, enjoy the course materials online from any internet-enabled device and learn when it suits you. Start your learning journey with this course straight away and take a step forward in securing a better future!
Why should you choose the course with Academy for Health & Fitness
- Opportunity to earn a certificate accredited by CPD after completing this course
- Student ID card with amazing discounts — completely for FREE! (£10 postal charges will be applicable for international delivery)
- Globally accepted standard structured lesson planning
- Innovative and engaging contents and activities
- Assessments that measure higher-level thinking and skills
- Complete the coursein your own time, at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
*** Course Curriculum ***
Here is the curriculum breakdown of the course:
Module 01: What Is Anaphylaxis?
- UK Allergy Statistics
- Common Allergies
- What Are the Most Severe Allergic Reactions in the UK
- Causes and Risk Factors
- The Complications of Anaphylactic Shock
Module 02: Treatment
- Signs and Symptom
- How Is It Diagnosed?
Module 03: Everyday Management of Anaphylaxis
- Management of Anaphylaxis
- How to Prevent Anaphylactic Shock
- Reducing Risk of Allergic Reactions in Schools
- Allergen Management in the Workplace
- Insect stings
Module 04: An Introduction to Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Definition ofBasic Life Support (BLS)
- What Does BLS Training Enable You to do?
- The Importance of Learning Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Normal Breathing and Circulation
- Normal Breathing in Babies
- Why does Child BLS necessary?
- The Chain of Survival
- Steps to Basic Life Support
Module 05: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Background of CPR
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
Module 06: The Role of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Background of Cardiac Arrest
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- AED for Adult
- AED for Child
Module 07: Choking
- What is Choking?
- Choking in Adults
- Choking in Adults
Module 08: Recovery Position and First Aid Techniques
- Recovery Position
- First Aid Techniques
Once you have completed all the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment. You will then receive instant results to let you know if you have successfully passed the course.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in this topic and who wants to learn more about it. This course will help you gain a strong understanding of the core concepts and will allow you to gain in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
This course is suitable for everyone. There are no specific entry requirements, and you can access the course materials from anywhere in the world.
There are no previous knowledge requirements for the Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support (CSTF) program; this is open to anyone! Any learning enthusiast from anywhere in the world can enrol on this course without any hesitation.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
Browse this 100% online course from any internet device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone. Study at your own pace and earn an industry Skillset with this course.
There is a diverse set of opportunities when it comes to selecting a career in Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support, such as:
- Allergic Diseases Specialist
- Critical Care Specialist
- Food Allergist/Immunologist
- Clinical Staff for Vaccine Administration
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Patient Services Representative
- Physical therapists.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
CPD Accredited Certificate
Digital certificate - £10
CPD Accredited Certificate
Hard copy certificate - £29
If you are an international student, then you have to pay an additional 10 GBP as an international delivery charge.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.