In this course, you'll know how to connect to a wide variety of data sources, using both Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Service. You'll be able to use the Query Editor to transform and morph data into the right format for your reporting purposes, be able to perform complex data modelling operations using relationships, calculated columns, measures, and DAX expressions, and share dashboards and reports, with colleagues, business partners and potential clients. By taking this Microsoft Power BI Introduction course today, you will equip yourself with all the skills you need, to start using Power BI with confidence!
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Organizations rely on business intelligence to make better business decisions. Traditionally, BI always referred to Enterprise Business Intelligence. Enterprise BI was always a big deal! Enterprise BI software tools were extremely expensive, technically challenging, and designed for IT specialists.And enterprise BI projects took forever!
Microsoft Power BI offers users true Self-Service BI. Power BI enables business users to interact with corporate information and to extract the reports and intel they need. Power BI allows users to access reports and dashboards using familiar tools and devices.
Self-service BI has never been so user-friendly! Microsoft Power BI Introduction will show you how to create compelling visualizations and reports which provide deep insights into your data.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the three main components of Power BI:
- Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Service
- Power BI Mobile Apps.
You will know how to connect to a wide variety of data sources, using both Power BI Desktop, and the Power BI Service. You will be able to use the Query Editor to transform and morph data into the right format for your reporting purposes. You will be able to perform complex data modelling operations using relationships, calculated columns, measures, and DAX expressions. You will learn how to share dashboards and reports, with colleagues, business partners and potential clients. And how to use Power BI’s sophisticated security features to control the exact content your audience is able to view.
In short, this Microsoft Power BI Introduction will equip you with all the skills you need, to start using Power BI with confidence.
The Introduction to Microsoft Power BI course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1 - Welcome
- Welcome To Microsoft Power BI Introduction
- Downloading The Course Files
Topic 2 - Getting Started
- Power BI Editions
- The Three Key Elements Of Power BI
- Understanding Dashboards, Reports And Datasets
- Exploring The Power BI Desktop Interface
- Exploring The Power BI Service Interface
- Editing A PBIX File In The Power BI Service
- Creating a PBIX file in the Power BI service
- Connecting to GitHub in the Power BI Service
- Connecting to Google Analytics (Service and Desktop compared)
- Updating Power BI Desktop
Topic 3 - Connecting To Data Sources
- Connecting To CSV Files
- Connecting To Excel Data
- Connecting To A Folder Of Data
- Connecting To A Web URL
- Connecting To Web Page Content
- Connecting To A Microsoft Access Database
Topic 4 - Cleaning Up And Transforming Data
- Trim, Clean And Case
- Renaming And Adding Metadata
- Splitting Columns
- Removing Rows
- Replace Values
- Unpivot Columns
- Rearranging Columns
- Creating Custom Columns
- Append Queries
- Merge Queries
- Grouping Data
Topic 5 - Data Modelling
- Adding Data To The Data Model
- Examining The Data Model
- Creating Relationships Automatically
- Creating Relationships Manually
- Creating A Composite Primary Key
- Creating A Date Table
- Creating Calculated Columns
- Creating Measures
- Using The SUMX Function
- Using Related And Relatedtable
- Creating A Calculated Table
Topic 6 - Creating A Power BI Report
- Overview Of Report
- Backgrounds, Logos And Images
- Working With Themes
- The Card Big-Picture Visual
- Using Visual Filters
- Using The Format Painter
- Gauges And Targets
- Creating Bar Charts
- Editing Visual Interactions
- Using Slicers
- Using The Treemap Visual
- Creating A Map Visual
- Date Hierarchies And Drill-Down
- Using Time Intelligence Functions
Topic 7 - Sharing And Collaborating
- Creating Users In The Power BI Service
- Creating Groups For Collaboration
- Creating Groups For Distribution
- Dashboards And Q&A
- Sharing Dashboards With Your Organization
- Creating Content Packs
- Publishing Reports To The Web
- Row Level Security
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those interested in learning about how to use Microsoft Power BI in their business.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.