This Child Psychology Course will help you to understand your child's psyche on a deeper level. You will learn about children's behaviour and development, how babies develop emotions and how to teach a child to understand body language. You will also learn about developmental milestones for children and be able to gauge the rate at which your child is developing
- Includes 19 lectures and over an hour of content.
- Learn how babies develop and how to teach your child to understand body language.
- Learn about the different psychological theories.
- Discover the most important developmental milestones for a child to achieve.
- Ideal for parents, caregivers, teachers and anyone else working with children.
This course is ideal for anyone interested in understanding a child's behaviour and development. Its serves as a comprehensive guide for parents, child carers, teachers or anyone working with children. You will learn why children develop differently from one another and how they develop their thinking and speaking skills .
Elmira Strange is a Research Psychologist (MPhil), Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (Dip), and Certified Life Coach (Dip). She has worked as a Researcher and Psychology Lecturer, where she focused on 'Researching Stress in Families of Disabled Children'. She than went on to study Life Coaching and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Babies from birth to one year
- ‘The importance of bonding’
- Bonding with the baby PDF
- ‘The Social and Emotional development: from birth to 1 yr’
- ‘The Innate Reflexes of Newborn Babies’
- Innate Reflexes of Newborns PDF
- ‘The Benefits of Testing at ‘Milestones’’
- Testing Milestones PDF
Stages and Sequences of Social and Emotional Development
- Stages and Sequences of Social and Emotional Development
- ‘The Ages and Stages that Children go through’
- ‘The Main theories in Developmental Psychology’
- ‘The Importance of Positive Role Models’
- ‘The barriers to Achieving the ‘Milestones’
- ‘The importance of unconditional love)
- Barriers to Milestones PDF
Language and Linguistic Skills Development
- ‘Forms of communication’
- Forms of Communication PDF
- ‘What is ‘pre-linguistic’’
- ‘The Active and the Passive Communication’
- ‘The Importance of Opportunities in Development of the Skills’
- ‘The Importance of Body Language’
- ‘The Importance of Cognitive Development’
- Cognitive Development PDF
- ‘The Main Psychological Theories in Cognitive Development’
- Erikson Psychosocial Development PDF
- ‘The Appropriate Opportunities for Cognitive Development’
- ‘The Unconscious Mind: Id, Ego and Superego. Psychoanalytical Theory of Development’
- Thanks & Goodbye!
Child Psychology Assessment
- Child Psychology Assessment
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone interested in child psychology and wants to gain knowledge with a career in mind.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course provides the fundamental knowledge needed to become a child psychologist.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
how do I get onto the course now that Ive purchased it ... i have not received any joining instructions ...
Hi Abigail We've sent over your login details from your purchase last night. Normally the requirement is 48h, but we always target under 24h! Hope you enjoy the courseThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.