Add to basket or enquire
This science of hands-on healing course will teach you about the history of healing as an alternative medicine and how this has changed with the emergence of science. It will provide you with a good understanding of types of hands-on approaches and care.
- Through the use of 21 lectures, 1.5 hours of on-demand video and 4 supplementing articles.
- Understand the limitations of the Newtonian Science Paradigm
- Decide whether a particular healing modality would be something you'd like to learn
- Learn about scientific experiments that have been carried out by healers
This course will teach you all about the power of hands-on healing through a brief history of how healing came to be recognised as a genuine therapy for certain physical and mental conditions. With detailed description and analysis of scientific experiments that have been carried out by healers, you will receive a broad knowledge of this area and be in a position to decide whether a particular healing modality would be something you'd like to learn.
Your course instructor Barry Mapp is a sought-after speaker, trainer and personal development coach with a special interest in the brain, accelerated learning and people development. Barry has worked in schools, colleges and universities in the UK, and also in the corporate and SME sector, dealing with students, teachers, apprentices, managers and leaders. Barry has a background in clinical science where he ran an NHS Clinical Biochemistry Department in a District General Hospital and was also a Quality Consultant to other local hospitals.
An Introduction to the Course
- Science does take Healing seriously
- Healing from a Skeptical Scientist's perspective
- Scientists, Healers and Churchgoers - all need to challenge their own thinking
- Newtonian Science Hypothesis (for Healer Effects)
Healer and Healing Definitions
- The meaning of Healer and Healing for the purpose of this course
- Definition of 'Healing'
- Definition of a 'Healer'
- Two types of healing: Depletive Healing and Non-Depletive Healing
Science and Scientism
- Science and Scientism - A view from Thomas Burnett
- Science and Scientism - my perspective on this
- More on Mesmer
More on the Science
- A new Science approach to Science
- Handout - Important Early Contributors to the Science of Healing
- What Grad did with seeds and why other scientists should repeat this work
- Indirect measurement methods that demonstrate Healers have effects on patients
- SQUID - directly measuring pulsating low frequency electromagnetic vibrations
- Why won't scientists repeat these experiments? Let's have your opinion on this
Conclusion and Bonus Lecture
- Handout - Course summing up - and what next?
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for:
- Students considering learning a healing modality such as Reiki, or who is curious, or even skeptical, about receiving a 'hands-on' healing treatment.
- Existing Reiki students who would like to know more about the emerging science of healing by integrating this knowledge in their practice.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course sets the foundations for a career in Reiki, or other hands on treatments.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.