Capel Manor College
Add to basket or enquire
Location & dates
This course will provide you with the required foundation skills and knowledge needed to progress into the agriculture industry.
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Agriculture
You will learn:
- Crop establishment
- Farm animal production
- Land-based machinery operations
- Work experience within the land-based sector
- Business studies
- Estate skills
- First-hand farming experience working within our certified organic Forty Hall Farm, and Mudchute Farm, a commercial city farm
- Hands-on skills that include, providing high welfare for livestock species, operating farm machinery and harvesting crops
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for school leavers who want to earn the qualifications needed for a career cultivating the land, growing and harvesting crops and breeding providing high welfare to a range of livestock species.
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least three GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) including English and Maths or a Pass in Level 1 Functional Skills
- Relevant prior learning or experience
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
Successful completion of this course will allow progression onto our Agriculture (Farm Management) Advanced Diploma (Level 3). You will also be able to gain entry into the industry as a farm hand, tractor driver and other assistant-level positions.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.