Capel Manor College
Add to basket or enquire
This course is designed to provide you with strong industry foundations and the knowledge, skills and confidence required for a responsible management position in agriculture.
Pearson Education/ BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Agriculture
You will learn:
- Professional working responsibilities
- Plant and soil science
- Machinery operations
- Estate skills
- Crop production
- Livestock production
- Contemporary issues in the land-based sector
- How to make business improvements
- How to monitor livestock health and disease treatment
- How to manage livestock nutrition
- Root, crop and field vegetable production
Who is this course for?
The course comprises of one or two years of full-time study, depending on which programme you follow. The one year course is the equivalent to gaining two A levels, and the two-year course is the equivalent to gaining three A levels.
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) including a science-related subject
- An overall Distinction in a Level 2 agriculture course or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in a professional environment will be considered
- Independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
This course will prepare you for employment in roles such as stockperson, herdsperson, machinery operator or trials officer. Completion of the two year programme will allow you to progress to a range of higher education courses in agriculture or agricultural sciences.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.