e-Careers Business Solutions
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
What is Agile Foundation and Practitioner?
Manage projects more efficiently and effectively with the Agile project management methodology. This course package introduces would-be project managers to Agile concepts, before taking them through basic and advanced principles, preparing them to sit both Foundation and Practitioner level exams.
Principally designed for the engineering, IT and new product or service development industries, the Agile project management framework takes an iterative and incremental approach to the management and build process. The course will show you the key concepts of the framework and how they are applied to real-world projects to boost success rates and increase efficiency.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the Agile Foundation and Practitioner course is delivered online via the learning platform. This system allows you to access content anywhere at any time, so you can study whenever and wherever is most convenient for your needs.
A series of flash cards allow you to test your understanding, and a number of practical scenarios in each module can be used to practice common responses, or to see how the framework can be applied to real world scenarios. You can also discuss topics with other learners using our social network, adding another learning channel by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
What are the Agile Foundation and Practitioner course modules?
- Introduction to Agile
- Agile Project Management - The Basics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- Pre-Project and Foundation Phases and Products
- Evolutionary Development Deployment and Post-Project Phases
- Techniques and Practices
- Agile Control
- Agile Planning
- Exam Preparation
What does that Agile Foundation and Practitioner online course cover?
The Agile Foundation and Practitioner course is designed to help individuals with little or no project management experience get started quickly. Initially, you will look at the Foundation-level principles of Agile, covering topics like:
- The concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development.
- The philosophy, approach and principles of Agile project management.
- Understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products.
- Recruiting or assembling appropriate project teams.
- How to plan and run a facilitated workshop.
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution to ensure that the correct development path is being followed.
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements for deliverables.
- Create a timeboxed plan that keeps the project on track.
- Understanding the importance of negotiation and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure continued progress.
- How to set up and manage an Agile project using the framework.
Once complete, you will be ready to sit and pass the Agile Foundation qualification. You will also be fully prepared to move onto the advanced topics covered in the Practitioner course:
- Overseeing products and deliverables and properly assigning responsibility to management, business and technical departments.
- Structuring and empowering project teams for maximum success and efficiency.
- Using MoSCoW prioritisation to ensure deliverables are completed in the correct order.
- Advanced estimating, measurement and configuration considerations for successful Agile management.
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for deliverables.
- Implementing quality control to maintain standards.
- Preparing for the future by considering maintainability and scalability during planning.
Upon request, we will issue exam vouchers on completion of this course.
Who is this course for?
Is the Agile Foundation and Practitioner online course right for me?
The Agile Foundation and Practitioner course is best suited to:
- Novice project managers who would like to learn a formal management methodology.
- Experienced project managers who need to cross-train into Agile disciplines.
- Project team members seeking an advanced introduction to Agile methodologies.
- Individuals wanting to cross-train ready for a new career in project management.
Candidates should have some understanding of Project Management but there is no formal prerequisite for the Foundation qualification
To move onto the Practitioner level you must complete and pass the Foundation Level.
What job could I get with the AgilePM Foundation & Practitioner qualification?
Agile Project Management qualifications are currently in high demand. You could work in numerous roles involved in project management, such as a Project Manager, Software Development Manager or Team Leader.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.