Add to basket or enquire
Agile methodology was created out of the need to find an efficient new process that could replace traditional methods of software development, like the waterfall method, which were inherently prone to many problems. Agile methods add flexibility to the development process, providing opportunities to assess and alter the direction of the project as it evolves.
An agile project starts with defining the requirements, and this is done through Agile User Stories. User stories articulate the functionality that is required by the user, and are expressed in writing, in simple and lucid terms. Once the requirements are clearly defined using this format, the rest of the project methodology can be systematically put in place.
User story workshops are held near the beginning of the project, with all team members participating and creating a product backlog that captures all the user perspectives and lays out all the functionality to be added till project completion. At each stage, user stories will absorb the changes that have been necessitated during the evolution of the project.
Our Agile User Stories Training will teach you the basics of this technique for expressing requirements as user stories, and will give you tips and guidelines for writing an effective user story. You will learn the basic components that stories must comprise of, and get tools that will help you to be clear and concise in your expression. Through an interactive user role modelling session and many examples from real life experience, participants can understand how to narrow down requirements and write better user stories.
From the course:
- A brief introduction to Agile methodology in the context of User Stories
- Learn what user stories are, and how they work
- What makes a good user story?
- Documenting project requirements in the form of user stories
- Understand how to create a good story, and how to articulate it with clarity
- Practical learning in identifying key requirements and user roles
- Learn how to conduct a user stories workshop at the beginning of the project
- Learn how user stories can absorb changes
- Case studies using real life examples from the trainer’s experience
From the workshop :
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Earn 8 PDUs and 8 SEUs (Scrum Educational Units. Earn 70 SEUs and become a Certified Scrum Professional!)
- Course Completion Certificates
- 100 Days Free Online Training access to Agile & Scrum
- Attendees will get 5% discount for our upcoming Scrum Certification Programs
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is interesting in working with Agile methodology - such as programmers, testers, software developers across all stages, analysts, team leaders, project managers and even customers and product owners will find value in undertaking this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.