Stone River eLearning
Add to basket or enquire
While Adobe Creative Suite is still the industry standard in the creative world, it's sky high subscription fees are far beyond the budgets of most aspiring designers. Luckily, Affinity Designer is quickly rising up the ranks to provide some serious competition. Much more affordable than its predecessor and equally as versatile, there has never been a better time to get to grips with this innovative new program.
- Learn Affinity Designer by Examples
- Master the tools and user interface of Affinity Design
- Gain an understanding of the overall process of designing graphics
- Build up a foundation of knowledge for using similar design programs
- Use real world examples to familiarise yourself with the software
Ideal for graphic designers, web designers and artists, this course includes 17 lectures and over 3 hours of content. Suited for both complete beginners or those who already have experience with similar software such as Adobe, the course will show you how the Affinity Designer user interface works through creating real world projects.
You'll learn how to use the various tools of Affinity Designer in a hands-on environment; and not just vector graphics – you'll learn how to manipulate images, design logos and icons, create graphic illustrations, combine images, render images for all media types too, and finally export your work for the web, print, and app development.
By learning Affinity Designer by example, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of not only the tools used within the program, but design principles and practices as a whole, which you can then apply to design projects on almost any other platform.
About Affinity Designer
Affinity Designer is the fastest, most efficient and arguably the best vector graphic design software to come along in recent years. More affordable and more specialised than Adobe Creative Suite, it's ideal for working on websites, UI design, concept art, illustrations and icons, and all kinds of graphics. Made by designers for designers, it's packed full of intuitive features and was even bestowed the honour of an Apple Design award in 2015.
What Will I Learn?
- Manipulate Images
- Work with Vector Graphics
- Design Logos
- Design Icons
- Create Graphic Illustrations
- Render Images For All Media Types
- 2: Creating a New Document 03:04
- 3: Tools Overview 07:17
- 4: Understanding Personas 08:53
- 5: Real Time Editing 05:31
- 6: Creating A Graphic Illustration Part 1 24:28
- 7: Creating A Graphic Illustration Part 2 07:27
- 8: Creating A Graphic Illustration Part 3 17:15
- 9: User Interface Design 11:23
- 10: Design a Logo 15:02
- 11: Masks 04:33
- 12: Project: Combining Images 19:12
- 13: Temporary Deconstruct 03:34
- 14: Using the Crop Tool 06:25
- 15: Working with Gradients 13:40
- 16: Layer Effects 10:48
- 17: Quiz 13:00
Introduction To The Course
What You'll Learn (0:41)
Introduction To Affinity Designer
Creating a New Document (3:04)
Tools Overview (5:28)
Understanding Personas (6:20)
Real Time Editing (5:30)
Creating A Graphic Illustration
Creating A Graphic Illustration Part 1 (24:28)
Creating A Graphic Illustration Part 2 (7:27)
Creating A Graphic Illustration Part 3 (26:19)
User Interface Design
User Interface Design (11:23)
Design a Logo
Design a Logo (15:03)
Project: Combining Images (19:12)
Temporary Deconstruct (3:34)
Using the Crop Tool (6:25)
Working with Gradients (13:39)
Layer Effects (10:48)
Who is this course for?
- Graphic designers
- Web designers
- You'll need a copy of Affinity Designer
- Some Photoshop and Illustrator experience is helpful, but not required
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I am deaf (hard of hearing), will this online affinity designer tutorials provide subtitles? Regards Andy
Thank you for writing to us. Sorry, we do not have subtitles for our courses.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.