Next Learn Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Advanced Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 3
Sign language is not only important to those with hearing abilities but also for those who are around them and who provide services for them. Advanced Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 3 is brought to you with the intention of simplifying your life by teaching this language. This course however is aimed at the learners in Britain. It will help you with comprehending how to interact with the deaf with the help of British sign language.
At this stage however you are required to have at least a rudimentary competence in the language. Once the course is completed you will be able to understand what is intended by sign language. Moreover you will be able to convey thoughts and communicate via Advanced Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 3 as well. Consequently you will be taught to communicate using British sign language on colours, weather, animals, clothes and more.
Advanced Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 3 is developed for you to use tricks in learning sign language skills too. This course will especially benefit if you have a deaf loved one, a friend or a relative. On the other hand, by excelling this course you will gain access to professions such as teaching deaf people, a health care job where you have to look after a deaf or become a news anchor to read news for the deaf.
Why You Should Learn at Next Learn Academy?
Online learning is flexible, convenient and gives you the opportunity to balance life's other commitments with higher education. Next Learn Academy offers an extensive range of online courses with a variety of rich material and resources that will let you connect to peers and expert tutors and build on your skills and knowledge. Next Learn Academy is a reliable online provider with a strong reputation and its meticulously designed courses to help you kick-start your professional journey in the best possible way.
Learners who register with us will be given excellent learning support, discounts for future purchases and be eligible for a TOTUM Discount card and Student ID card with amazing offers and access to retail stores, the library, cinemas, gym memberships and their favourite restaurants.
- 1: Discovering Who’s Who – And How They Communicate 16:00
- 2: Sign Language You Didn’t Know You Knew 12:00
- 3: Meeting and Greeting 11:00
- 4: Knowing Me, Knowing You Knowing Me, Knowing You 06:00
- 5: Expressing Your Feelings 09:00
- 6: Nailing Numbers 10:00
- 7: Describing Weather, Color, and Clothes 08:00
- 8: Getting From A to B 10:00
- 9: Arranging Not So Blind Dates 08:00
- 10: Fancy Fish And Chips 10:00
- 11: Making the Most of Your Free Time 09:00
- 12: Deaf Community and Culture 16:00
- 13: Technology and Modifications for Deaf People 07:00
- 14: Ten Top Tips to Improve You’re Signing Skills 03:00
- 15: Ten Top Tips For Good Communication 08:00
- 16: Ten Top BSL Resources 06:00
- 17: Ten Really Useful Phrases 04:00
- 18: Ten Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know 04:00
- 19: Advanced Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 3 Mock 12:00
- 20: Advanced Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 3 Final 15:00
We are always looking for new ways for our learners to pursue their skills training and receive the best our online learning platform has to offer. Once you enrol for this programme and complete the course, you are given the opportunity to gain access for the 4 courses below absolutely FREE.
What Will I Learn?
Module 01 : Discovering who’s who – And how they communicate
- Looking at appropriate terms for deaf people
- Communicating: How different groups of deaf people communicate in different ways
- Making yourself more lipreadable
- Looking at some principles of good communication
Module 02 :Sign language you didn’t know you knew
- Using gestures and natural signs
- How to finger-spell and read finger-spelling
- Handy hints on hand shapes
- BSL grammar as it is signed
Module 03 :Meeting and Greeting
- Starting a conversation
- Introducing yourself
- Asking questions
- Giving signs for towns and cities
- Saying goodbye
Module 04 :Knowing me, knowing you knowing me, knowing you
- Why it is not rude to point
- Talking about friends and family
- Asking for and giving information about work and colleagues
- Describing workplace
Module 05 : Expressing your feelings
- Showing feelings
- Taking about how you feel
- Describing a pain in your body
- Signs for emergencies
Module 06 : Nailing numbers
- Looking at regional variations
- Signing numbers
- Signing time and age
- Signing how much
Module 07 : Describing weather, colour, and clothes
- Talking about the weather
- Describing colours
- Describing everyday wear
Module 08 : Getting from A to B
- Locating places
- Giving basic directions
- Describing landmarks in both town and country
Module 09 : Arranging not so blind dates
- Tenses in BSL
- Signs for days and months
- Signs for special celebrations
Module 10 : Fancy Fish and Chips?
- Talking about what to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Describing eating out
- Signing ethnic foods
Module 11 : Making the most of your free time
- Describing leisure activities
- Discussing sports
- Introducing indoor games signs
- Talking about hobbies
Module 12 : Deaf community and culture
- A brief history of BSL
- Giving an insight into the education of the deaf
- Understanding the social side of the deaf world
- Looking at language service professionals
Module 13 : Technology and modifications for deaf people
- Introducing various technical devices used by deaf people
- Understanding how the technology works
- Knowing what to do – and what not to
Module 14 : Ten top tips to improve your signing skills
- Helping communication along
- Showing emotions
- Keeping it honest
- Discovering practice methods
Module 15 : Ten top tips for good communication
- Getting the right attitude
- Remembering your environment
- Using communication tactics
Module 16 : Ten top BSL resources
- Attending formal classes
- Getting out and about in the deaf community
- Making the most of the media
- Using web resources
Module 17 :Ten really useful phrases
- Mastering signs for meeting and greeting
- Making sure that the message is clear
- Apologising accurately
- Offering help
Module 18 : Ten things you (probably) didn’t know
- Interesting facts about deaf people
- Notable milestones in the history BSL
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course, learners will take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions assessment test is marked automatically so that you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon the successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the Advanced Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 3 certificate by CPD. You will receive a FREE E-certificate (PDF format) and a Printed Certificate absolutely FREE, with an applicable delivery fee upon completing the course.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
CPD is an internationally recognised accrediting body that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in an enterprise.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a TOTUM discount card
Who is this course for?
- Individuals aspiring to work with the deaf or mute community
- Professionals already working with deaf and mute people
- Parents that have children with hearing or speech impairments
- Anyone else interesting in mastering the advanced aspects of BSL
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline is an added advantage
Once you successfully complete this course you can apply for any prestigious position which offers you a lucrative salary. Furthermore it helps you to pursue further education on the subject and gain more experience in the field
- Special Education Teacher (Middle School) – £31,900 per annum
- Interpreter – £23,358 per annum
- Speech-Language pathologist – £35,000 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this a beginners course, or do you need to know some basic bsl?
Dear Alyce, Thank you for your query. Yes, this is a basic level course for beginners at level 3. Please feel free to contact if you have any further clarifications, we will be happy to assist. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have completed this course but I have not received my certificate by email nor the printed one ??
Dear Ayoub, Thank you for your query. We dont give free printed certificate, we provide only free e certificate. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.