There are few careers that are as rewarding, or that allow you to work with such a variety of people. Our Nursing courses will give you the specialist skills, education and training to prepare you for the workplace.
The daily responsibility for protecting the patient from additional injury or illness rests with the nursing team. Following on from the Introduction to Nursing Studies course, the learner is now introduced to the essential elements of adult patient care.
This online adult nursing diploma course provides an overview of the skills and techniques required in areas such as advanced patient hygiene procedures, environmental health and safety awareness for the practice nurse, and how to ensure patient safety and comfort in the adult care setting. Advanced principles of hygiene provide the learner with an overview of the functions, methods and techniques applied in providing adult patient care with particular emphasis on the daily bath, oral hygiene and the benefits of a back massage in patient comfort. Essential patient personal care routines are also discussed. Environmental health outlines the necessary health and safety procedures relating to patient care and the safe operational use of electrical equipment. Patient care safety measures introduces the learner to techniques that help prevent falls and protect patients who are at risk from injury, burns or scalds, together with steps to prevent the spread of micro-organisms in the care environment.
This online nursing course will be of great interest to all health care professionals who would like to learn more about advanced nursing practices and procedures in adult patient care.
Our online programme is well designed that you feel same as you are in the classroom. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 365 days (12 months). Effective support service, and study materials including step by step guided tutorial videos build your confidence to study well and guide you to secure your qualification.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the following key topics are listed under the curriculum. This course has been designed for 30 guided learning hours.
1. MODULE BOOK
- Module Book- Nursing Training
- Introduction to Nursing
- Communication in Nursing
- Health and Safety for Nursing
- Hygiene for Nursing
- Infection Control
- Medication Administration for Nursing
- Understanding Immune System in Nursing
- Rest and Sleep for Nurses
- Mobility and Immobility Issues in Nursing
- Pain Management for Nurses
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Oxygenation in Nursing
3. READING MATERIALS
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded certificate of “Diploma in Adult Nursing”.
Who is this course for?
- This course normally suits people who want to work while they study. If you work within the health care sector (usually at assistant practitioner level), you may be supported by your employer to complete the course.
- Anyone looking to work in a nursing assistant or other role in the health care sector. This could be in the NHS or any other private sector.
- Also, this online course useful for people who are looking to develop career in; Mental Health Nurse, General Nurse, Health and Social Care Workers, Carers, Midwives or Other Health care Professionals.
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Having good education background will be advantage to study this course.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- Experienced nurses find fulfilling careers in positions of responsibility, often running nurse-led clinics, or taking leadership roles at executive level.
- There are opportunities to work in GP surgeries, clinics, nursing and residential homes, occupational health services, voluntary organisations, the pharmaceutical industry, or in the military.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.