Add to basket or enquire
This Adult Nursing for Health and Social Care Workers will give you the skills, confidence, and experience to make a positive difference to people’s lives and wellbeing. Build the skills you need to plan and deliver health and social care services fit for the future. Through the course, you will learn how to assess the needs of the patient through acute and long-term illness, promote health and wellbeing, communicate effectively with professional colleagues, and provide sensitive support for the patient and their families. The course covers everything, beginning with an in-depth introduction and moving on to more advanced subjects, so you can build knowledge as you go.
Benefits of studying the Adult Nursing for Health and Social Care Workers with Janets include
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
- Introduction to Adult Nursing
- Communication in Nursing
- Communication Theories in Nursing
- Health and Safety in Nursing
- Awareness and Misunderstanding
- Symptoms of Dementia
- Prevention and Treatment
- The Impact Of Stigma
- Caring for Dementia Victims
- Home Adaptations for People with Dementia
Mental Health and Old Age
- Memory-related issues
- Learning disabilities
- Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia
- Chronic illness and Disabilities
- Substance abuse (addictions)
Improving Health and Wellbeing
- The effects of exercising
- Is it worth eating ‘healthy’ in older age?
- What else affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?
- Caring for older people
Psychology of Older Age
- The Main theories in Developmental Psychology
- What is ‘Gerontology’?
- What we consider as ‘old age’
- What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens
- Common stereotypes of older people
- How stereotyping affects older people
- Life stages and Theories
- What do we look forward to our older age?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Adult Nursing for Health and Social Care Workers is suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience, and professional skills in the related field. This course is designed by industry experts so you don’t have to worry about the quality.
Most importantly, this course does not require any experience or qualification to get enrolled. You will learn everything that is required from this course directly. This is a great opportunity for all student from any academic backgrounds to learn more on this subject.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How long is this course for
Dear Stella, The course duration is 11 hours, however, after purchasing, you will get a one-year access to the course and you can complete it anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does the certificate have and expiration date?
Dear Lyndsey, Thank you for contacting us. There is no expiration date for the certificate. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.