International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Adobe Lightroom for Beginners
Everyone has heard the term “photoshopped,” which refers to editing done using Adobe Photoshop. But what about its sister product Adobe Lightroom?
Adobe Lightroom is another addition to the Adobe editing lineup, and every photographer and editor should know how to use it.
Learning Adobe Lightroom is not just about learning how to edit photos. Using this basic guide to Lightroom, you get a jumpstart on industry-standard software that helps you prepare to process photos and keeps you organized. By getting involved with Lightroom, you save time and are more productive, which means you can get back to doing what you love - taking amazing pictures.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
This Lightroom course includes how-to guides for the most important features of Lightroom including:
- Uploading and organizing photographs
- Developing photographs to prepare them for processing
- Using presets and processing tools to create custom and professional quality images
- Enabling advanced features like spot removal and the healing brush
Adobe Lightroom is an essential weapon in any photographer’s arsenal. Get started on this fast guide today to organize your art, spend more time on the creative tasks you love, and even boost your income by boosting your productivity.
Module 1: The Library
- 1.1 Connecting Your Device (Opening of the tutorial)
- 1.2 Importing and Exporting Photos
- 1.3 Rotating & Flipping Your Photos
- 1.4 Using the Histogram Tool
- 1.5 Organizing Your Photos / Creating a Collection
Module 2: Developing - Part 1
- 2.1 Adjusting White Balance, Tone, and Presence
- 2.2 Adjusting Tone Curve / Saturating & Desaturating Colors
- 2.3 Processing an Overexposed & an Underexposed Photo
- 2.4 Lens Correction
- 2.5 Camera Calibration
- 2.6 Using the Crop Tool
Module 3: Developing - Part 2
- 3.1 Straightening an Image
- 3.2 Using the Radial Filter Tool
- 3.3 Using the Graduated Filter Tool
- 3.4 Copying and Pasting Your Settings
Module 4: Processing & Presets
- 4.1 Locating and Using Your Initial Presets
- 4.2 Uploading New Presets
- 4.3 Renaming Presets
- 4.4 Creating a Film Effect
- 4.5 Creating a Vintage Effect
- 4.6 Creating a Light Leak Effect
Module 5: Lightroom Advanced
- 5.1 Keyboard Shortcuts
- 5.2 Creating and Adding Watermarks to Photos
- 5.3 The Top Toolbar
- 5.4 Spot Removal
- 5.5 The Healing Brush
- 5.6 Using the Book Module (Closing of the tutorial)
Who is this course for?
Learning Lightroom is right for you if you:
- Recently took up photography as a hobby or as a business
- Want to develop and manage a logical workflow to make editing your photos easier
- Are a seasoned professional interested in tools designed specifically for photographers
- Have the desire to build up transferrable and valuable skills within a professional grade piece of software
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Upon completion of this course, you could:
- Start your own business as an event photographer
- Work in journalism
- Become a freelance photographer
- Start a photography blog or share your images on an Instagram account
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.