London Software Training
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Our Adobe InDesign Evening Course is ideal for beginners and aims to get you to a confident intermediate level after 4 evening sessions.
In 4 weeks you’ll be up and running with InDesign and have the skills and confidence to use the software with ease and bring your creative ideas to life. You’ll begin with the InDesign essentials like the user interface and identifying project requirements before moving on to the more complex skills needed to create professional quality designs.
Our course prices include:
- Free group course re-take within 18 months
- Expert teaching from practicing architects, designers & software pros
- Hands-on, practical lessons
- Tailoring of syllabus & work on your projects
- Bespoke video tutorials for revision & development
- Digital reference book for revision
- LST certificate of completion
- Free career guidance available
- 10% of all fees allocated to design training for charities and schools.
Setting up Adobe InDesign projects
- Identify project requirements
- Establish target audience and needs
- Apply design principles to create a professional layout
- Identify user interface elements
- Create and select Workspaces
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Rulers, guides and grids
- Setting up an InDesign document
- Working with master pages
- Adding automatic page numbers
Working with Text
- Creating and modifying text frames
- Threading text frames
- Managing overset text
- Formatting text using paragraph and character styles
- Placing text from a Word document
- Spell checking
- Adding special characters
- Assigning text wrap
Images and graphics
- Creating basic shapes
- Assigning fill and stroke to objects
- Selecting and Grouping objects
- Transform and modify elements
- Align and arrange content
- Placing images
- Frame fitting options and frame shapes
- Collecting and placing content using the conveyor tool
- Working with Layers and Organise artwork using layers
- Creating colour swatches
- Applying and modifying gradients
- Working with spot colours
- Adding transparency to elements
- Identifying common file formats
- Using the packaging feature
- Create a template
- Prepare page layouts for print
Who is this course for?
The Adobe InDesign course is ideal for those looking to gain the confidence to use the software with ease in a tailored, supportive environment. No experience is necessary and we'll have you designing with confidence within the first hour of your class, whatever your ability.
No previous experience Adobe InDesign required, just a keenness to learn!
Adobe InDesign opens up many opportunities within industry, we offer guidance on CV and portfolio building as part of the course. You may also want to look at London Software Training’s Career Development Packages to develop your creative opportunities.
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.