International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Create compelling and professional designs for high-quality publications.
Adobe InDesign is a software package that is regarded as the industry standard across the publishing industry – but like many Adobe products, it is often daunting for new users. With so many available functions, tools, and potential operations, it is difficult for even the most tech-savvy editor to know where to start.
The Adobe InDesign course is designed to help any willing user overcome these challenges by breaking down the main functions into five easy to digest parts.
Using InDesign is a transferable skill that is crucial and valuable not only for the publishing industry but for anyone who works with any kind of media because in today’s world, it is not enough to create great content – it needs to look great, too! Learning InDesign makes it easier to create beautiful documents with less effort.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
Students who complete this course will walk away with an understanding of:
- How to setup and run InDesign
- How to format and organize whole pages
- How to work with text, paragraphs, and special characters
- How to insert and format images and objects
- How to prepare a finished document for publication
With this fast-track guide, anyone can use InDesign to help their content shine.
Module 1: Introduction/getting Started
- 1.1 Document Setup
- 1.2 Getting around InDesign (Tour)
- 1.3 Using Rulers and Guides
Module 2: Formatting Pages
- 2.1 Navigating Pages
- 2.2 Master Pages
- 2.3 Layers
Module 3: Formatting Text
- 3.1 Creating Text Frames + Flowing
- 3.2 Characters and Paragraphs
- 3.3 Special Characters + Page Numbers
Module 4: Formatting Objects And Images
- 4.1 Placing Images + Objects
- 4.2 Display Performance, + Links
- 4.3 Crop, Scale, Rotate, Flip
- 4.4 Strokes/Fills, Align, Effects
- 4.5 Combining Type + Images
Module 5: Saving And Printing
- 5.1 Spell-Check, Saving
- 5.2 Preparing for Print
- 5.3 Packaging
- 5.4 Exporting
Who is this course for?
The Adobe InDesign course is perfect for anyone who wants to:
- Take their own creative work to the next level
- Learn how to put together books, magazines or other documents that meet industry standards
- Use an integrated piece of essential software to make every editing job easier
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
There are many fun and exciting careers that require the use of InDesign! Journalism, digital media marketing, publishing, advertising, and book publishing are all fields that you could explore, armed with your newfound knowledge.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
would i have to purchase the adobe package myself or is it provided with the course? thank you
The software for the Adobe InDesign Course is not included with the course. The course is designed to help any willing user overcome the challenges of using it by breaking down the main functions into five easy to digest parts.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.