Adobe Director Training Online:
Overview and Essentials of Adobe Director Training
Adobe Director helps in creation and publication of advanced interactive games, demonstrations, prototypes as well as eLearning courses and simulations for multiple devices such as web, iOS devices PCs including Apple Mac, CDs and DVDs.
The latest version of Adobe Director is 12 and it is perfect for publishing games to iOS devices through an advanced workflow. Games can be republished for running on iOS platforms.
Through this Adobe Director Training you eill learn that he gaming experience can be improved through incorporation of fresh support for accelerometers and different device centric interactions. Some of the key features of Adobe Director are as follows.
- Publishing to iOS device workflows:
Adobe Director 12 will publish games onto iOS devices through a progressive and amazing workflow. An existing game can undergo republication within the iOperating System Platform. The game playing experience can be improved by fresh leverage for accelerometers and device particular interactions.
- PVR Texture Compressor:
This provides support for the PVR textures compression from Apple for movies and games fashioned in the Director. PVRTC refers to texture compression that is employed across different generations of iPods, iPhones and iPads.
- Top Quality Resolution Retina Display
High Quality Resolution Retina Display is facilitated for games or movies framed using Adobe Director. Default Retina method/mode can publish through iOS devices providing support for Retina Display.
- Support for Apple Game Centre
Apple Games Centre is known for its interactive social gaming, as well as leaderboard and achievements notifications
- iAds Manager for Extra Support
This ensures animation and interactive display of key banner adverts from the Mac iAds server. Through the use of LingoScript and/or Java-Script, there is optimal depth settings using Adobe Director for stereoscopy.
- Extremely Sensational Postprocessing Effects
Additional exciting effects can be added for visually enhancing films such as adjust color, convolution filter, bloom effect, night vision, depth of field, etc.
- Interesting Fresh Textures
Director movies can be a visual delight through advanced fresh textures such as CubeMap, and Render Texture. There is also support for video, audio-hearing and visual file formats numbering more than forty. There is flexibility for including content in nearly every crucial format including DVD Video, FLV and F4V. There is also a broad range of audiovisual as well as graphic formats such as 3D, vectors and text
- Excessive 3D Support
Advanced 3D is available for more rich environments including 3D models through SketchUp and 3-D warehouse. Native 3-D rendering through DirectX 9 support is available as well. Establish games with real time collisions and fashion simulations modeling gravity and remaining forces. The Adobe Director Physics engine provides advanced interaction and dynamic motion as well as flash technology. Expanding creative choices through import of content created with Adobe-Flash 11 within the apps is also critical.
- Bitmap Filters That Add Richness
You can attain a wide range of varied visual effects such as blur, glow, drop shadow and bevel with bitmap filter in application through interface of users or scripting. Extending the authoring environment and playback engines with ecosystem of 3rd party extras is also a feature of Adobe Director.
- Simple Multiple Version Output
Expanding market reach through once authored and published across different platform and technology. The output is ready for customers across all computers, webs, DVDs and CDs. Parallax mapping enhances normal and/or bump mapping methodology through greater depth and realism with lower performance impact.
- Cloth-Simulations Capabilities
The cloth stimulation techniques incorporating flag plus banners within the game.
- Adobe Director and Behavior Features
Behaviors are a top feature of Adobe Director whereby one or more behaviors can bring an idea to life and update or modify the manner in which a Director movie functions or operates. Behavior refers to Lingo script designed to be applied to sprites and frames within the movie.
Ideas need to be taken and simplified to develop the idea into a workable lingo behavior. The behavior will be described within a short para or statement. This behavior will permit a sprite to move around the perimeter of the sprite rectangle within a clockwise fashion. This explains what is required of the behavior to do.
Determine the sprite properties and variables for behavior that will be needed. The next step is to declare the property variable in the behavior. The next step is to initialize the property variables used in behavior.
The next step is to establish the definable behavior parameters. Another important point is to write the method hander or handlers to get the job accomplished. Following this, the animation is used for driving an exitFrame handler.
Who Should Learn Adobe Director Training?
Adobe Director Training is perfect for media professionals, production experts and animators. Director enables users to construct applications on a movie metaphor through the use of director within the movie.
This is designed for creating animation sequences and the use of a scripting language called Lingo made it the perfect choice for coming up with CD ROMS, internet video games as well as standalone kiosks.
In the year 2015, Adobe Flash and Adobe AIR are the options to choose if you select Shockwave with the 3D rendering capacities, OOP, and capability to run as a native executable on varied platforms.
This is akin to functionality and design to ActiveX. Director supports GUI framework with fundamental controls and permits interaction with external files and specific Windows APIs.
3D capability implies ability to come up with geometry on the fly from the code, hardware accelerated model displays, and modern lighting features.
Adobe Director with Flash: A Comparison
Differences between Director and Flash have been subjected to much discussion, mostly in the Director development communities. Extensibility is a key difference between the two as sundry codecs which can be imported.
Adobe Director is the more bigger of the two. Macromedia partners with distributors such as Apple, Dell and others to have Flash plug-in preinstalled on machines for those who are using it. Broadband internet access is not the golden rule for users and the 5 fold difference in size was easy.
Director has commenced as an application for the original Apple Macintosh. This name was changed to Director in the 1980s with new capacities and Lingo scripting language in 1988. The early 1990s was the time when the Windows version was introduced.
In the year 2001, Macromedia Director 8.5 was released while in 2002, Macromedia Director MX was launched. This is also known as Director 9. In January 2004, Macromedia Director MX 2004 was released and this is called Director 10. Adobe Director 11 and 11.5 were released in March 2008 and 2009.
In the year 2010, Adobe Director 11.5.8 was released while in 2011, 11.5.9 was released. Adobe Director 12 was released in February 2013. Flash games are a recent occurrence with dozens of free resources to help you to get started and publish your first game soon.
There are fresh and cheap tools such as Flash Develop, FDT, Flex and one does not remain fixated with a single tool. There are currently more free libraries and source code for creation of flash games than just Adobe Director. Flash player is visible on greater than 98% on an internet connected personal computer.
The shockwave is around 60 percent and ActionScript 3 is just amazing. Basic concepts of Director and Flash are the same as they create linear and interactive frame organized films within the frame as per events described in the movie.
Workflow for movie creation is the same as it involves creation of a fresh movie file followed by setting of stag properties and creation as well as import of artwork and other film elements, arranging the elements within the stage and within the score or director timeline.
You need to arrange scripts for interactivity and navigation apart from publishing the film. Flash as well as Director User interfaces involve the same key concepts and different terms in reference to them.
Within Flash, one can come up with multiple objects while in the Director, one can only have a sprite in the channel within a certain time.
One does not need to convert Flash elements for symbols. In Director, scripts are cast members which can be attached to different frames and sprites in the movie that can be reused.
When the script or handler is defined in the Director, Director checks out events as per event model hierarchy. Within the Flash, scripts are executed when the Flash element attached to is encountered within the Timeline.
Prerequisites of Learning Adobe Director Training:
- Adobe Director requires basic working knowledge of computers and detailed understanding of the tutorials.
- Adobe Director also known as Macromedia Director is known as a multimedia app authoring platform put together by Macromedia and managed by Adobe Systems.
- Adobe Director refers to the primary editor on the Adobe Shockwave platform dominating the interactive multimedia product space during 1990s.
- DCR files are played through the Adobe Shockwave Player in addition to compiling native executables for Windows and Mac OS X. Therefore, one has to be conversant with all of this.
Adobe Director Training Conclusion:
- A powerful aspect of the Adobe Director is the extensibility attained through plug-in apps known as Xtras. Extras for OS desktop manipulations and Shell control as well as PDF readers and more are also available.
- Creation by users or purchase from 3rd party vendors are the two ways to attain this. A powerful aspect of Director is the extensibility attained through Xtras or plug in apps. Extras can support media types beyond the stock version of softwares. A new change in versions of the Director ensures that developers are required for modifying products to create ongoing support.
- For online distribution, projects can be published for embedding in websites through the Shockwave plugin. Shockwave files also possess a DCR file extension. Non interactive video formats such as QuickTime and sequences of images ensure the export of the Director score timeline.
- These are some of the obvious benefits of Adobe Director. Adobe Director is perfect for those in the creative field who want to create powerful and compelling visuals.
- The amazing and intricate visuals and animation effects that can be created through Adobe Director make it the software of choice for directors as well as producers. Adobe Director has the power to make any movie high on visual effects as well as creative impact.
- The best part about Adobe Director is that it is superior in many respects to Flash and is the perfect option for those who want to create movies with interesting narratives and compelling visuals as well as communicate in ways that are awesome!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.