**Accounting**Account Management**Accountancy**A skilled and professional Accountant in modern businesses is a valuable asset to the organisation. An Accountant plays numerous administrative roles in an organisation and performs the various financial functions such as financial data management, financial data analysis, advising on business operations, preparation of financial statements, supervising and assisting with taxation issues, etc.
The unit focuses on the role of the Accountant, Accounting personnel and different methods of Accounting. It also describes the advantages of the double-entry system, the nature of Accounting functions and various types of Accounting including a look at the meaning of debit and credit and the differences between bookkeeping and Accounting.
In this unit, candidates will learn about the organisation of Accounting and finance, the bases of Accounting and Accounting terminology.
The Role of an Accountant
After completing this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the activities of an Accountant
- Discuss the roles of Accounting personnel and the Accounting function in an organisation
- Describe the advantages of the Double-Entry System
- Explain single-entry and double-entry bookkeeping
- Understand the types of Accounting
- Differentiate between Bookkeeping and Accounting
Introduction to the Role of an Accountant
- The Role of an Accountant
- Accounting Personnel
- Methods of Accounting
- Advantages of Double-Entry System
- Types of Accounting
- Distinction between Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Objectives of Bookkeeping
- Organisation of Accounting and Finance
- Bases of Accounting
- Accounting Terminology
Who is this course for?
- New or recent recruits to banking and financial organisations
- Operations and support staff
- Finance and Accounting staff
- Dealers and Traders
No prior knowledge is required to take this unit.
Upon successful completion of Accounting in Investment Methods unit, will be helpful for the people working in Accountancy, it will help the professionals in developing their CV and ongoing CPD.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.