Add to basket or enquire
Accounting Skills for New Supervisors level 3
Level 3Endorsed Certificate of achievement. Many of us flinch when we hear terms like depreciation, cash flow, balance sheet, and (worst of all!) budgets. However, these are all important concepts to understand if you’re going to succeed in today’s business world, particularly as a supervisor. Even better, financial terms are not as scary as they seem!
This self-paced programme is available 24/7 providing you with the flexibility to train at the pace, location and time of your choosing. Certificate of achievement can be claimed on course completion. College registration, tutor support, course materials and additional supporting material are all included in the course fee
What Will Students Learn?
- Describe the art of finance and key financial terms
- Determine your role in company finances
- Find the rules and regulations for your area and industry
- Discuss various types of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and statements of retained earnings
- Explain how a chart of accounts is created
- Tell the difference between cash and accrual accounting
- Explain single-entry and double-entry bookkeeping
- Differentiate between debits and credits
- Identify and analyze important financial data and make financial decisions
- Read annual reports
- Determine whether a company is financially high or low risk
- Recognize different types of organizational financial plans
- Explain what budgets are and how to prepare them
- Recognize what computer skills you need to make you a financial whiz
- Deal with financial situations that impact the people that work for you
Introduction to Accounting and Finance
The unit 1 covers the following topics:
- General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- The Accounting Cycle
- The Key Reports
- Understanding the Chart of Accounts
- Single vs. Double Entry Accounting
Understanding Debits and Credits
The unit 2 covers the following topics:
- Understanding Debits and Credits
- Working with Debits and Credits
- Financial Analysis Toolbox
- Useful Ratios
- Net and Gross Profit Margin
- Reading Annual Reports
- Using Ratios for Decision Making
- Identifying High and Low Risk Companies
The Basics of Budgeting
The unit 3 covers the following topics:
- Defining a Budget
- The Budgeting Process
- Computer Survival Skills
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Staff Training Solutions you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progres
There is no particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience.
Endorsed Certificate of achievement
At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £85 accreditation fee.There are £9 postal charges for the UK students and £15 for the non UK students.
Certificate of Completion from CPD
Certificate of Completion from CPD (soft copy) can be claimed for £10. If you need hard copy of this certificate you will pay £25 + postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.