On course completion students can claim accredited certificate by paying £75 accreditation... Read more
- Tutor is available to students
Accountancy Beginners Course starts with giving a comprehensive introduction to accounting and explains the basic terminology used in Accountancy and finance. In subsequent units you learn how the financial management plays an important role in the success or failure of a business. Moving on you will learn about fundamentals of professional accountancy, key financial terms, the role the accountant in a business, a variety of essential financial reports and business documents, the creation of accounts charts, and analysing and monitoring the current financial position of any given business. The course explores the main financial statements including the profit and loss account, the balance sheet and the everyday adjustments that have to be made.
The course is a good starting point for those who wish to start a career in accounting, people working within financial operations of companies, business owners, and anyone who wishes to learn more about finance and accounting in general.
Accounting and Finance Course (Level 2)
On course completion the learner should be able to;
- Understand the basics of accounting
- Explain the essential accounting cycle.
- Investigate cash flow statements, balance sheets and income statements
- Understand the differences between single and double-entry accounting, along with an introduction to credits and debts from a business perspective.
- Explore important financial analysis tools
- Explore a variety of budgeting basics
Online Certificate Accounting Course consists of the following four units:
Unit 1 – Introduction to Accounting
Unit 2 – The Key Reports
Unit 3 – Tools for Financial Analysis
Unit 4 – The Basics of Budgeting
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your
Who is this course for?
- Newcomers to accountancy looking for an entry-level introduction
- Existing workers interested in improving numeracy skills
- Business owners with no formal accountancy training
- Candidates who intend to move on to diploma-level studies
- Anyone interesting in improving career prospects
There is no particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience. Students of all age and academic back ground can enrol on this course.
This entry-level accountancy course paves the way for further studies at a higher level, though can also be helpful to existing workers and business owners as well.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.