The Bookkeeper is a vital part of the accounts or finance team of any business, ensuring that financial transactions are recorded accurately and efficiently. With this importance comes a huge amount of responsibility that is reflected in how well independent Bookkeepers are paid when they deliver the desired outcomes.
This is why we have built a package that will develop your skills from a foundation level, right up to handling advanced bookkeeping tasks, so you can function in those rewarding roles and build an esteemed career in finance.
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping & Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping package will start off by teaching you standard bookkeeping procedures including manual double entry bookkeeping, associated documents and processes up to Trial Balance standard. You will then learn advanced double entry bookkeeping, financial statements, intermediate spreadsheets and how to make the most out of your accounting software use.
Your package will include access to our Mentor+ platform for both levels, where you will have access to an experienced AAT tutor. You will be guided throughout your time on the course on every aspect of the materials, right through to advice on how you can book your examinations.
Why study AAT with e-Careers?
- 95% of our students pass their AAT exams after completing our training.
- Our students also score 92% in their AAT exams on average.
- Over 90% of UK accountants start their career with an AAT qualification.
About the AAT
The AAT are the UK’s leading awarding body for accounting and finance based qualifications, awarding 90% of all qualifications in these areas. The status of the AAT makes their qualifications recognised globally meaning you could become an internationally respected Accountant who is attractive to employers.
The status of their qualifications and membership benefits mean you could be working as an Accountant within weeks of registering!
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Understanding financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling bank statements with the cash book
AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Depreciation calculations
- Period-end adjustments
- Producing and extending the trial balance
- The financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Accounts for sole traders
- Accounts for partnerships
- VAT legislation requirements
- Completing VAT returns and submitting them in a timely manner
- Understanding the implications for the business of errors, omissions and late filing and payment
- Reporting VAT-related information within the organisation in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
How to sit your exams and become an AAT member
We include your membership fees as part of your course. The only online provider in the UK to do so. Usually payable by the student, we include the first 12 months for free with all of our AAT courses so you get the full support you need throughout your studies.
- AAT admission fee (£44) - included with e-Careers
- AAT annual membership fee (£94) - included with e-Careers
Booking your exams
Exams can only be booked via AAT directly, and fees may vary slightly dependent on test centre. We will provide you with all the information you need to guide you through this process.
- Average cost is £70-80 per exam
- Fees are payable directly to the AAT Approved assessment venue
- Payment options are available, speak to our advisors today to find out more.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who aspires to become a bookkeeper, or someone with a little bookkeeping experience who wants to get qualified.
There are no requirements for this package.
- Accounts Officer
- Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Assistant
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Accounts Manager
- Ledger Manager
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.