Add to basket or enquire
This great value accredited AAT training course contains all you need to gain insight into the role of a bookkeeper and become familiar with basic bookkeeping techniques. It includes sections on terminology, financial documents, and single entry bookkeeping, and more. In addition you’ll also get the AAT Level 1 in Spreadsheet Software course included, so you’ll learn the techniques, and how spreadsheet and technology can help you perform your role more efficiently.
Whether you are considering bookkeeping as a career option or job switch, or you’re thinking of setting up a new business and want to pick up some skills on the financial side, this flexible learning option will be a sound investment.
Why study AAT with e-Careers?
- 95% of our students pass their AAT exams after completing our training.
- Our students also score 92% in their AAT exams on average.
- Over 90% of UK accountants start their career with an AAT qualification.
About the course
- Online course materials accredited by AAT
- FREE expert tutor support included
- Study practical and real-world skills anywhere, anytime, on a wide range of devices
- FREE study plan to help keep you on the right track to get your training done on time
- Open a whole new world of career opportunities
AAT Membership Benefits
- Mock assessments and unit outlines to aid your studies
- eLearning tests and modules so you know where you're at
- Advice and tips directly from employers and help with creating an engaging CV
- Access to your achievements and results
What Is The Role Of A Bookkeeper?
This eLearning course is a valuable mix of teaching that focuses not just on simple bookkeeping activities, but also on the roles and responsibilities of a bookkeeper. You’ll learn the detail involved in financial transactions and the processes involved in dealing with customer and supplier paperwork. By the end of the course you’ll also know how to process receipts and payments, and how to maintain accurate financial records. It’s a short course in basic techniques and the role of bookkeeping within accounting, so you’ll become familiar with financial documents, single entry bookkeeping, and the petty cash book.
What Does This Bookkeeping Course Include?
In the main part of the course, content is divided into three different sections, with a list of modules in each. Each section features quizzes or self-test questions so you can refresh what you’ve learned. The sections are titled an introduction to bookkeeping, working within bookkeeping, and bookkeeping and accounts.
This training course also includes the AAT Level 1 Spreadsheet Software material. Here you will learn more about how the program and how you can use it to prepare budgets, financial statements and balance sheets. You’ll also become familiar with the function tool and how to use it for calculations.
Key Learning Points
To work through three sections of bookkeeping learning material, and additional content on spreadsheet software, and become proficient in basic bookkeeping techniques.
AAT Access Award In Bookkeeping
Section 1 – Bookkeeping Introduction
- Find out about the role of a bookkeeper and the career options available.
- Learn about the bookkeeping environment and different business organisations.
- Become familiar with all the key bookkeeping terminology.
- Learn the principles of coding and batch coding.
Section 2 – Working in Bookkeeping
- Get to grips with single entry bookkeeping.
- Find out how to fill in financial documents.
- Learn about the books of prime entry, and how to record transactions in them.
- Define cash or credit transactions.
- Learn about business bank accounts and bank statements.
Section 3 – Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Learn more about the petty cash book and keeping records in it..
- Become familiar with the Imprest system for petty cash.
AAT Level 1 – Spreadsheet Software
- Learn more about the structure of spreadsheets.
- Practise different spreadsheet activities, including entering data, inserting a column or row, and changing column widths or height.
- Learn some of the basic spreadsheet formulae bookkeepers work with.
- Find out how to format and print selected spreadsheet data.
- Learn how to create a chart from spreadsheet data.
- Become familiar with backing up a spreadsheet.
Who is this course for?
Who would benefit from doing this course?
- Flexible eLearning course with no entry requirements.
- Join the AAT within two weeks of starting this course and benefit from additional material and practice exams.
- AAT can also help you find an accredited exam centre, for you to book with on completion of this course (exam not included).
- Gain insight into the role of a bookkeeper and their typical duties.
- Learn at a time and a pace to suit you.
- The AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping is a short 12 week course that is easy to fit around your existing commitments.
- Also benefit from the AAT Level 1 Spreadsheet Software modules included.
- Become proficient in basic bookkeeping practices.
- Use the skills you’ve learned in your own business projects, or continue to further study.
- Course content on bookkeeping and spreadsheet software.
- A mix of self-test questions, quizzes, and a mock exam to test your knowledge.
- Train with an industry recognised training provider.
As this is a Level 1 access course, there are no requirements for this course.
This course will provide you with the knowledge to function in job roles including:
- Clerical Assistant
- Bookkeeping Assistant
- Trainee Bookkeeper
This AAT Bookkeeping qualification is designed to be a basic introduction into bookkeeping principles using AAT’s globally recognised qualification structure.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.