Add to basket or enquire
Learn whenever and wherever you want, 24/7.
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting Qualification provides you with the skills to become a recognised Accountant, or member of an Accounts team. The Certificate acts as the first step towards a successful career in Accounting or Finance, and is also ideal if you want to validate your existing skills and knowledge with a globally recognised qualification.
Level 2 is a solid foundation in finance administration and includes:
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Basic costing
- Using accounting software
The skills you will gain will help you to progress to the next chapter of your career.
Over 2/3 of students and professional members agree that AAT qualifications have increased their earning potential.*
Earn up to £27,000 a year on completion of the Foundation Certificate.**
Sources: *AAT, **PayScale
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting - Level 2
Average time to complete the course: 6 Months on a part-time basis.
The course consists of five units:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Work Effectively in Finance
Exam Prep Sessions - To give students the best chance of passing assessments, we have developed a series of regular assessment preparation sessions. Before the session students complete a pre-assigned mock paper, the tutor will run through your paper thereafter and correct any incorrect answers, informing you of what the AAT expect you to write and why. This helps you think in a way that will enable you to approach each question correctly, increasing the likelihood of you passing.
Live Online Classes - Your tutor will take you through a specific topic or module in an online classroom session.
How is it assessed?
To achieve this qualification, students are required to pass five computer-based assessments. We will help you pass your assessments by offering progressive tests that run throughout the course, along with the model answers for self-assessment. We provide you access to the AAT Lifelong Learning Portal which is included in your AAT subscription. The assessment fees are not included in the cost of the course.
When you are ready to take your assessments, you have two options:
Online Assessments: To take your assessment from the comfort of your home, please contact e-Careers Customer Service to book and pay for your assessment.
- Test Centre Assessments: You can still choose to sit your exam at a suitable AAT approved assessment venue. We can help find the closest one to you. (Exam fees vary from centre to centre).
The AAT require all students to join as a student member but we cover that cost, saving you £150! Just be sure to register as a student member within 14 days of your course start date, which will enable you to access additional content and sit your assessment.
Your Sage Digital Badge is also included in the course fee, allowing you to promote your achievement on your LinkedIn profile and via any other digital channels. A hard copy Sage Certificate is available for a small additional fee (approx. £12).
Why choose e-Careers?
- 91.2% pass rate, national average AAT pass rate is 85%
- One of the largest distance learning providers of AAT in the UK
- Boasting some of the highest pass rates in the UK
- Tutor Support from an FMAAT professional
- Best prices guaranteed
- AAT Subscription fee included worth £150
- STUDY BOOKS INCLUDED
- Responsive Tutor support
- 0% Finance to spread the cost
- 5 star Trustpilot rating
e-Careers were delighted to have been shortlisted for the ‘AAT Distance Learning Training Provider of the Year award 2020!’
About the course
- Over 90% of UK Accountants start their career with an AAT qualification
- Online course materials accredited by AAT
- Two certifications from 1 course - 1 from AAT and 1 from Sage
- Sage 50 software included for the Sage Module (180 days) so you can practice what you learn
- Study practical and real-world skills anywhere, anytime, on a wide range of devices
(please note Sage 50 software is only compatible with laptops and PC's using a Windows based operating system)
- Start applying for jobs whilst completing Level 2, showing prospective employers that you are dedicated to your profession
- Study plan to help keep you on the right track to get your training done on time
- Open a whole new world of career opportunities
AAT subscription benefits
- Mock assessments to aid your studies
- eLearning tests and modules so you know where you're at
- Advice and tips directly from employers and help with creating an engaging CV
- Access to your achievements and results
e-Careers is one of the largest distance learning providers of AAT courses in the UK and we can put together bespoke packages for you. We also offer:
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4)
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 2)
- AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 3)
- As well as advanced CIMA, ICB, IAB & Sage Courses
So whatever direction you want to take your career, e-Careers can help you - enquire today to speak to one of our expert course consultants about the best next steps in your career!
Don’t take our word for it – Trustpilot gives us 5 stars!
The service that I have received has been excellent and the team are really helpful and supportive. Would highly recommend”.
“Was a great help
Despite being held up (on my side) they remained patient and always helpful. Now I’m well on my way to my future career!”.
“Great courses and great customer service experience!
Recommended to my friends. Thank you”.
About the AAT
The AAT is the world’s leading professional body for accounting technicians, with over 130,000 members in more than 100 countries. Many AAT members occupy senior, well rewarded positions. AAT qualifications are attractive to prospective employers globally.
Who is this course for?
- For people who work in accounts and would like a formal qualification in the field
- If you want to acquire new skills to help with a change in career
- School leavers looking for an introduction to accounting and finance
This course is perfect if you are looking to start a career in Accountancy with a qualification from an award-winning body.
There are no specific entry requirements to take the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting - Level 2.
This qualification will prepare you for junior and entry-level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration, covering areas such as double entry bookkeeping to basic costing principles and using accounting software.
Most students will start with this qualification.
The kind of roles you would be able to apply for include:
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Trainee Accounting Technician
- Trainee Finance Assistant