The Training Place of Excellence
This course is a government funded programme designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of final accounts for large companies, analysing year-end accounts and reporting to management. This qualification is ideal once you have completed Level 3 and upon completion of this level you will be able to start working towards being able to use the 'MAAT' letters behind your name.
Once you've completed this qualification, you will be fully qualified and able to apply for more senior accounting roles, wholly dependent upon your experience.
A lot of students decide to study AAT as an alternative to university. School leavers decide to study the AAT as a vocational option so they can avoid building up student debt and more freedom to train and work at the same time.
Our Award Winning Firm offers the daytime, evening and distance learning when delivering the AAT Level 4. We structure our courses so you gain a practical understanding of how accounts works in the real world.
Students can opt to gain a guaranteed work placement within our partner accounting firm (St Mary’s Accounting Services) to help consolidate what they have learnt from the courses and to assist them with relevant work experience towards employment.
Furthermore, we offer unlimited all access tutorial support where students gain all access to our ROGO online platform and extra one to one classroom support with a tutor.
Our success in our methods of teaching has been reflected in our pass and completion rate of 94.23% and 95.89% respectively.
In this qualification you will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance, as well as optional specialist units including business tax, personal tax, external auditing, credit management, and cash and treasury management.
Achieve professional AAT Accountant status
If you successfully complete this qualification and fulfill our work experience requirements, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
- 18 months work placement opportunity
- Having the opportunity to secure an accounting job with one of our partnership firms
- Daytime and Evening classes available
- Free CV & Interview session
- Tutor-led interactive sessions
- Taught by practicing Accountants
- Free study materials
- Interactive group activities
- Small class sizes
- Free after training support
The price includes:
- Your class fees
- A study manual for each module
- Osborne workbooks to help you prepare for your exams
- Any Exam Preparation Days to include email resources
- Support and Guidance from your qualified AAT Tutor
The AAT Level 4 consists of 6 modules and 6 exams to be passed. There are 4 compulsory modules, and then you have two from the Optional modules. The Synoptic exam is a holistic exam which will test you on all topics of the Level 4, and is sat towards the end of your studies.
- Financial Statements of Limited Company (FSL)
- Management Accounting Decision and Control (MDCL)
- Management Accounting Budgeting (MABU)
- Accounting Systems and Controls (PDSY) – Synoptic
- End Point Assessment
- Credit Management (CDMT)
- Personal Tax (PLTX)
During the accounting work placement, you will take the role of an accounts assistant and you will be shadowing a chartered certified accountant and working on live client accounts. You will have the opportunity to practically apply the knowledge acquired from our training sessions into a real work environment.
You will have the opportunity to practically apply the knowledge acquired from our training sessions into a real work environment. You will be involved in accountancy duties with St Mary's Accounting Services includes, but not limited to:-
- Setting up and updating cash flow reports
- Managing and maintaining nominal codes and coding systems
- Updating and reconciling nominal ledgers activities and transactions
- Maintaining and updating the Sales and Purchase ledgers
- Dealing with bank postings and bank reconciliations
- Adjustments, Journals, Reconciliations and Year-end processes
- Setting up and dealing with different reports
- Preparation of Profit & Loss Accounts, Trial Balance and Balance Sheet
The work placement is vital for accounting students who lack practical work experience. The training's are usually one day a week and the work placement is also one day a week. We offer individuals the flexibility to combine the training and work placement into one long day or into two days.
For each complete AAT level you study with us, you will be entitled to 12 months work placement, except for the distance learning.
* Look on our website to have more details on how our programme works with the full terms and conditions.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for individuals looking to enhance their existing accounting advanced technical skills and reporting. Additionally, candidates also wanting to specialise in specific areas of the accounting profession. Achieving the AAT Level 4 would be a great stepping stone in your journey to become a chartered accountant.
- AAT Level 3 or any equivalent qualifications
- A-Levels in Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or any business related courses
The Professional Diploma in Accounting can lead to employment as a/an:
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Senior Finance Officer
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountant
Potential earnings of £14,280 to £28,000 per annum.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.